THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bayless was one of Manziel's biggest fan boy.

I'm seeing more and more of his fan boys turning against him now.

It's all starting to collapse right before our eyes.

Yeah...I bet many manzealots will turn hard on him, as they invested so much effort in defending him...now he's let them all down

I honestly do not know what to make of this... especially the last bits.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12093069/cleveland-browns-qb-johnny-manziel-says-back-words-action

He said he let his guard down since he wasn't part of Sunday's game plan but that he shouldn't have. Manziel said he was not with Josh Gordon -- who was suspended for missing the walkthrough as an active player -- on Friday night but saw him earlier in the day and was not responsible for Gordon's absence. Manziel said he went out with three friends from his hometown of Kerrville, Texas.

Manziel stressed last Tuesday to the local media he wanted to be "the guy" for the franchise, to take ownership of the job and take this offseason more seriously than the last. He said Monday that he had no doubts about his plans when he said those things and that he just made a mistake.

He knows his actions aren't reflecting his words when he stays out too late and doesn't get up for team activities. Manziel looked around to the large media scrum and says, "I brought these cameras and all these people to the locker room right now" because of the unfair distractions he brought to the team. He apologized to team veterans, who were vocal after Sunday's 20-10 loss to Baltimore that the organization needs players who are "all in."

"It sucks because of the perception I've based around myself -- I've done this to myself -- that that was allowed to be reported and people are just allowed to nod their head and act like that went on," Manziel said.

Added Manziel: "Either I'm going to learn or I'm going to be finding something else to do."

So who was responsible for this reporting of the party? If what he says is true and everyone is making judgements based on it (me included), just what was the truth and how did this all get started?

That still does not excuse missing rehab., but to blame him for the problems of the other two seems a bit over the top based on who the fuck knows where this other shit came from.

If what he says was true ... he was still out partying with his friends from Texas and "overslept" and missed his treatment and didn't support his teammates who were preparing to play.

What's the difference whether he "threw a party" or "went out on the town"?

He's just not committed to the Cleveland Browns.

He should be eating, drinking, sleeping, football. He was still the starting quarterback on the depth chart as of Saturday, he should have been there helping Shaw get ready like Hoyer was.

The fucker needs to just shut up, live in Cleveland the entire offseason and dedicate his life to football. Go out and have drinks one night a week maybe. Make a trip to Texas or Vegas for a fun weekend once or twice. But spend the rest of your time trying to be the best Cleveland Brown you can be. Otherwise he can find "something else to do".

Zombo

I just want the truth when something is reported in the media regarding Manziel or anyone else. It is not fair to anyone to get smeared in the media with facts that are not true. The worst part of this is it makes it appear Manziel had something to do with Gordon's own personal problems. No fan of JM at all but this is not right either.

BALTIMORE, Md. -- Johnny Manziel threw a big party Friday night that resulted in his fine for being late for treatment Saturday morning and Josh Gordon suspended for missing the Saturday walk-through, several sources told cleveland.com.

The source told told cleveland.com that Gordon, who's suspended for today's game against the Ravens, attended Manziel's party along with other members of the team.

Ok Skip Bayless calls Johnny Manziel an alcoholic liar. This is why he is the biggest fucking idiot at ESPN.

Today,

Then, at minute 2:47. Now he is a year older and he is held to Skip's standard, because....skip wants the attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h13hiVlzHwo#t=170

If what he says was true ... he was still out partying with his friends from Texas and "overslept" and missed his treatment and didn't support his teammates who were preparing to play.

What's the difference whether he "threw a party" or "went out on the town"?

He's just not committed to the Cleveland Browns.

He should be eating, drinking, sleeping, football. He was still the starting quarterback on the depth chart as of Saturday, he should have been there helping Shaw get ready like Hoyer was.

The fucker needs to just shut up, live in Cleveland the entire offseason and dedicate his life to football. Go out and have drinks one night a week maybe. Make a trip to Texas or Vegas for a fun weekend once or twice. But spend the rest of your time trying to be the best Cleveland Brown you can be. Otherwise he can find "something else to do".

Zombo

I agree. Want to prove you're a Cleveland Brown? Live here all fucking winter. Hit the playbook. Dedicate yourself in the offseason. If we get a new Offensive Coordinator, seek him out immediately and find out what is going on. Like Pettine said, actions speak louder than words.

But I assume that everyone has read the tweets and the posts and the blurbs and whatever bullshit right? All over Facebook reports of a gigantic party with Johnny and Gordon and Gilbert and all the team bad boys which must have included some of the teams good boys right? And there's not a shred of evidence that that's the type of party that went on. So I mistrust any bullshit tweets from attention whore NFL hangers on.

and this is just one example.

WSS

I'm not sure if people realize this, but Skip Bayless's job is to be a troll. He says things so people will get a big reaction out of it all the time. He basically just says shit to make people freak out. If people just would have ignored his ass when he first got a job he wouldn't even be relevant on ESPN. The more crazy you put on TV the more people will watch. Not to mention ESPN wants everyone to hear Manziel, Tebow, Lebron, SEC, etc. drama because it gets ratings.

That is reckless for Bayless to call him an alcoholic. Time for ESPN to get rid of this clown.

Z

Actually I just heard a sound byte and skip didn't really say that, he kind of soft pedddled it when it was in a question form. "so you are saying johnny is an alcoholic and a liar?" And for those with alcohol problems one of the warning signs is has alcohol ever cause problems with your job.

Just saying. .

WSS

Manziel Mystery:: HELP, live in N.C. on NFL Ticket had broadcast with Cannon, so I had to have a few beers to listen. Early in the game Manziel was shown with what looked like a cell phone in his hands on the sidelines. Cannon soon after that reported JF no longer on sideline, He's disappeared.. ?? Did someone from Browns Upper Management get JF in the Locker Room after broadcast showed him with cell phone on sidelines??? Cannon and I still have no clue and beers were involved. Can anyone solve this Mystery?

Manziel Mystery:: HELP, live in N.C. on NFL Ticket had broadcast with Cannon, so I had to have a few beers to listen. Early in the game Manziel was shown with what looked like a cell phone in his hands on the sidelines. Cannon soon after that reported JF no longer on sideline, He's disappeared.. ?? Did someone from Browns Upper Management get JF in the Locker Room after broadcast showed him with cell phone on sidelines??? Cannon and I still have no clue and beers were involved. Can anyone solve this Mystery?

Man, are you a bitch.

But I assume that everyone has read the tweets and the posts and the blurbs and whatever bullshit right? All over Facebook reports of a gigantic party with Johnny and Gordon and Gilbert and all the team bad boys which must have included some of the teams good boys right? And there's not a shred of evidence that that's the type of party that went on. So I mistrust any bullshit tweets from attention whore NFL hangers on.

and this is just one example.

WSS

Guess what though Steve, regardless of if he did or didn't and who else came the rest of the guys showed up for fucking work. That is all but him and Gordon. In and of itself throwing a party is pretty damn normal. When it causes you to not show up for work normal ceases. Argue it all you want but the guy has clear red flag issues.

Ok Skip Bayless calls Johnny Manziel an alcoholic liar. This is why he is the biggest fucking idiot at ESPN.

Today,

Then, at minute 2:47. Now he is a year older and he is held to Skip's standard, because....skip wants the attention.

I take it you are convinced he is not an alcoholic or a liar? Here is a little interview with his father July of last year

In a revealing profile of the Manziel family for ESPN the Magazine, Wright Thompson quotes Paul Manziel, the father of the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback, expressing concern about what might become of his son. Paul Manziel believes Johnny feels so much pressure from all the scrutiny that comes with being a star quarterback that he might snap.
“Yeah, it could come unraveled. And when it does, it’s gonna be bad. Real bad,” Paul Manziel said. “It’s one night away from the phone ringing, and he’s in jail. And you know what he’s gonna say? ‘It’s better than all the pressure I’ve been under. This is better than that.'”
Manziel’s dad also said that his son drinks to deal with stress, and has anger issues that cause concern for the family.
“I don’t know where the anger comes from,” Paul said. “I don’t think he knows. If it comes from his drinking, or if he’s mad at himself for not being a better person when he fails, when he fails God and his mom and me. If it makes him angry that he’s got demons in him. You can only speculate because you can’t go in there.”
Paul Manziel suggested that Texas A&M isn’t providing the kind of guidance that he’d like to see his son receive in college.
“He still needs to see he’s wrong — and how to control his temper. And if I give up on him, who’s gonna take over? The school sure the hell isn’t gonna do it,” he said.
Paul Manziel also strongly suggested that his son will leave Texas A&M to enter the 2014 NFL draft, saying the family is getting tired of NCAA investigations.
“It’s starting to get under our skin,” Paul says. “They’re so selfish.”
In the NFL, Johnny Manziel won’t have to worry about NCAA compliance rules. But he’ll also be expected to conduct himself like a grown man. And his father seems to wonder if Johnny has grown up enough to do that.

Guess what though Steve, regardless of if he did or didn't and who else came the rest of the guys showed up for fucking work. That is all but him and Gordon. In and of itself throwing a party is pretty damn normal. When it causes you to not show up for work normal ceases. Argue it all you want but the guy has clear red flag issues.

and I say the keywords in your response are the very first. If you preface your complaint with whether he did or didn't do it... I think you understand. And I also understand that when amplified it's bad PR. But I also think people are looking for something to bitch about whether it matters or not.

for instance if I was telling everyone Zombo was drunk at a party and beat up a chick. Then somebody says no no no he was drunk but he never beat up a chick. And you say well whether he did or didn't...

WSS

and I say the keywords in your response are the very first. If you preface your complaint with whether he did or didn't do it... I think you understand. And I also understand that when amplified it's bad PR. But I also think people are looking for something to bitch about whether it matters or not.

for instance if I was telling everyone Zombo was drunk at a party and beat up a chick. Then somebody says no no no he was drunk but he never beat up a chick. And you say well whether he did or didn't...

WSS

"Well we hung him at high noon and found out later he didn't really do all the things we hung him for. But since he still needs hangin', no use cuttin' him down now."

"Well we hung him at high noon and found out later he didn't really do all the things we hung him for. But since he still needs hangin', no use cuttin' him down now."

second time in one day you use that same quote.

is that something from texas folklore?

seems like it rolls off your tongue a little too easy there in TX.......

Skip has been saying for awhile that Manziel has an alcohol problem. Its not a new opinion. Bayless says he grew up around alcoholics and knows what it is. Read the Patriot scouting report on Manziel, everything in it has proven to be true.

BTW, i enjoy First Take. I think its a fun show.

First take is for slow dimwits... So if I were you I wouldn't ever watch it again. People come out of that show and then post on forums completely wrong information. It's crazy but you can pinpoint the type of people that follow and use that show as context.

Actually, it would make a huge difference if Manziel WAS out fishing.

I'm seriously wondering if Manziel needs to go to rehab with the partying and drinking.

Bayless is calling Manziel an "alcoholic liar"

Hey, I don't know what Manziel has lied about...ya know what I'm sayin ?

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/12/29/7461779/skip-bayless-first-take-johnny-manziel-browns-alcoholic-liar

Harsh words form Bayless. I have to assume he's known an alky or two in his life. They will lie their ass off to get out of trouble, and they all sooner or later get into a bIg D-Nile trip- well, I haven't done that YET.

Uh that's kind of universal around this place isn't it?

:D

WSS

Steve you can believe it or not- but there was a report out Manziel's dad offered to buy him a car in HS if he'd lay off the booze.

Archived