THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has all the makings of being one of the biggest busts ever but he doesn't seem to get it. I think he needs drug/alcohol counseling and some professional counseling as well.

He's a spoiled brat who has had everything handed to him in life. I'm 47, and one of the things I'm certain of is that someone can not change who they are. I mean who they really are, deep down inside.

He will continue to bring drama to the team, albeit off the field drama, because he lacks the talent to be on an NFL field........... So I guess that's a positive.

Fanboy here. I'm truly embarrassed by this latest incident. I look stupid, and though I still hold hope that johnny can still turn it around, I'm starting to resign myself to the great possibility that he will be a huge bust.

The worst part is that this latest incident is nothing new, and I've been making excuses for all the other stuff up until now. I've said all along that he's not Tim Tebow, and that was supposed to be a good thing. Now, it's more an indictment. Tebow worked his butt off to stay in the league as he did.

I still think there's hope for Johnny, but there is no more vacation. There is no more leeway. No more swans, no more bad bathroom pics, no more parties, no more. It's not hard, just do the right things all day every day, or become a joke for life.

Again, I realize I'm late, but I'm here.

Props

Fanboy here. I'm truly embarrassed by this latest incident. I look stupid, and though I still hold hope that johnny can still turn it around, I'm starting to resign myself to the great possibility that he will be a huge bust.

The worst part is that this latest incident is nothing new, and I've been making excuses for all the other stuff up until now. I've said all along that he's not Tim Tebow, and that was supposed to be a good thing. Now, it's more an indictment. Tebow worked his butt off to stay in the league as he did.

I still think there's hope for Johnny, but there is no more vacation. There is no more leeway. No more swans, no more bad bathroom pics, no more parties, no more. It's not hard, just do the right things all day every day, or become a joke for life.

Again props from yet another corner- no shame in admitting you might be wrong. I'm not totally giving up an Manziel yet- but it's looking worse by the hour. Here's the latest- courtesy of Mark O. You're on Twitter during a game?

"As to Manziel, it remains to be seen whether he has gotten the message. During Sunday’s loss, he was on Twitter, clicking “favorite” on a tweet from TMZ regarding Chris Rock’s looming divorce from his wife.

Maybe someday Chris Rock will be favoriting a tweet from TMZ regarding Manziel’s looming divorce from the Browns."

Manziel needs to go. No other solution.

Many questionables coming out of the draft, showed that every one of them was justified in pre season and in the game 1/2 of regular season. Also, he doesn't care about the team just cares about the spotlight.

Get it done Farmer.

No doubt he has intangibles that translates to the NFL

"No doubt" really?? He will never QB an NFL team, ever. He doesn't have enough God given talent and that alone is the reason, let alone factoring in his spoiled brat personality traits....... He is nothing more than a never was.

UDFA talent, picked in the 1st round by the only team dumb enough to do it...... My Browns.

He should have stayed in school. I don't know why these kids get out of college so soon. Go party and do all that out of your system while you can.

No doubt he has intangibles that translates to the NFL but he needs to put the work in and grow up before it's too late.

Not sure why so many Brown fans are giddy about a failed first round draft pick. Sets your franchise back.

I dont think most , if any of us, are giddy about him failing. I think we are just resigned to what we perceive to be the fact he will fail. I might agree that he has some athleticism that could translate in the right system and I stress could. As far as intangibles we don't agree at all. He is so lacking the "it" that solid leaders possess he couldn't find it with GPS. In reference to him needing to put the work in and grow up I do not see it happening. To me he looks like an out of control party boy that can't see what his choices cost him. You could have told me a week ago I was being short sighted and I perhaps would have at least partially agreed. After admitting he didn't take things seriously and work hard enough and committing to working harder he throws the party. The party and the shrapnel from the party are straight up shameful.

I was a punk just like this kid at his age, The BEST thing my family ever did was kick me out and shut the door. It forced me to bottom out, figure it out and choose to grow up. The best thing that could happen to Manziel is the same thing figuratively, hell probably literally as well.

"Higher profile coach" ???.....you fanbois are stuck on popular, aren't ya?.....whats a high profile anything get you except added TV time?.....oh yeah, this comes from a JFF lover.....

Clearly, Mud, our draft boards simply need to list players in order of most twitter followers.

Whatever it was it's obvious now all 3 are gone next season from this team. And at this point in time I agree it would be for the betterment of the Browns to part company.

Actually a little sad for you, Ag...

And we know Tex that you are having a wet dream about having JFF in TX.

Don't think so... I think the Johnny well has run dry...

I still think there's hope for Johnny...

Good on ya... but I'm afraid that last straw got tweeted away earlier this afternoon.

"Ryan Leaf v2.0 is gonna be Ryan Leaf v2.0" is what all his fanboys said months ago after the swan/finger/money phone ect.. incidents - Yep, they were right.

He's going to be a small, average speed, weak armed QB, that lacks intelligence, self discipline and respect for any and everyone else around him. He will do what he wants to do, and will not change for anyone......... Can't say you fanboys didn't warn us

Johnny Dirtbag is showing why I knew the second he was drafted this franchise had set this team back once again.

Awesome... too bad your first post came 8 months after the draft...

He should have stayed in school. I don't know why these kids get out of college so soon. Go party and do all that out of your system while you can.

No doubt he has intangibles that translates to the NFL but he needs to put the work in and grow up before it's too late.

Not sure why so many Brown fans are giddy about a failed first round draft pick. Sets your franchise back.

Giddy? Maybe some guys who would rather be right than win- but that's not me. And not most true Browns fans either, sad not glad. Johnny may need to hook up with the Boz on how to get a spot doing Dish TV commercials in the event he flames out. I've said it plenty of times- I'm running out of "Next Year's"- fast. I'll give away my age and say I was 14 the year the Browns won it all in 1964. That was a long, long time ago.

What scares me E- is JFF was extensively discussed here pre-draft. For the record- I didn't want the Browns to touch him with a ten foot pole. Scared the crap out of me. My quote was, "You draft Manziel, you bring the Circus into town along with him". Pettine thought- as a rookie HC he could be the Circus Ringmaster- he was wrong, and I'm sure it's on his short list of "I won't make that mistake again".. There were Red Flags in a bunch of areas regarding Manziel's pro potential. To date- as D Bone has less eloquently posted- he's checked off every one of those Red Flags that made us doubt he was the Chosen One who was going to lead the Browns out of the Dark Ages.

But- to succeed in the NFL he's going to need a major attitude transplant\ lifestyle change. Questions about NFL ability aside- and I think those are legitimate questions, BTW. The last week showed big time what he says, and what he's truly committed to doing- are polar opposites. Like tossing a Friday bash so huge it gets your #1 WR so hung over he can't make practice Saturday and gets suspended. Hmmmm... Why weren't you answering your phone Saturday JFF? Inquiring minds want to know. I'm with Tour on the second- you're on Twitter during a game? Really? Grow up, or go home.

I really hope Manziel can turn it around- however, Vesna (aka Ghoolie) .has already labeled Johnny a bust- and he's rarely wrong.

To date- as D Bone has less eloquently posted- he's checked off every one of those Red Flags that made us doubt he was the Chosen One who was going to lead the Browns out of the Dark Ages.

lol My anger and disgust are hard to hide this evening.

Giddy? No... royally pissed.

D is always eloquent... but I was remembering Mud as being the checklist guy. Where all of our worst, JM fears have been shown to be true while none of the greatness proclaimed loud and long by his legions has materialized.

Hahahhaha your franchise has sucked for decades. I come in and play 6 quarters and you blame me for everything. Draft better next time dicks. How could you not see I'm undersized? Shm... I'm still rich no matter what you losers say.

All I heard was slurp slurp gag slurp, ohh that's your dick in your mouth.

Hahahhaha your franchise has sucked for decades. I come in and play 6 quarters and you blame me for everything. Draft better next time dicks. How could you not see I'm undersized? Shm... I'm still rich no matter what you losers say.

You won't be rich for long if you keep throwing those LA style bashes with Bee-Ber, & no income when you're out of the NFL. That looks like it could be sooner than you expected. But I suppose you can go crying back to mommy & daddy for handouts.

Really good post.

As a Browns fan I just want what's best for the team and if that was Jonny I was fully behind him. Him and Gilbert have treated us like shit.

I like Johnny and hope he does great next season.

Except for the fact I wish he were a couple inches taller I haven't heard any complaint that I figure is valid.

Each and every bitch fest has been along the lines of TMZ, crap made up and over reported by the media sports writers sportscasters and some of the most ignorant and hateful fans I've come across in a while.

Some of you guys are so blinded with your irrational hatred of fans from somewhere else (as was the case with DA) and your blind loyalty of a mediocre player, on his best day, because he's from Cleveland that you can't even think straight.

Or just refuse to.

And it's hard to imagine him getting a fair shake in the off season because every asshole with a camera phone is going to want to find a picture at a bar or a public place.

If the coaching staff and front office shit cam him because of one game, a total team collapse, then maybe they're as stupid as some of you jerk offs but I doubt it.

WSS

I like Johnny and hope he does great next season.

Except for the fact I wish he were a couple inches taller I haven't heard any complaint that I figure is valid.

Each and every bitch fest has been along the lines of TMZ, crap made up and over reported by the media sports writers sportscasters and some of the most ignorant and hateful fans I've come across in a while.

Some of you guys are so blinded with your irrational hatred of fans from somewhere else (as was the case with DA) and your blind loyalty of a mediocre player, on his best day, because he's from Cleveland that you can't even think straight.

Or just refuse to.

And it's hard to imagine him getting a fair shake in the off season because every asshole with a camera phone is going to want to find a picture at a bar or a public place.

If the coaching staff and front office shit cam him because of one game, a total team collapse, then maybe they're as stupid as some of you jerk offs but I doubt it.

WSS

Come on WSS! You haven't heard any valid complaints about Manziel??!! You say that then accuse others of being stupid jerk off? For fuck sake even WalterWhite has seen the light on this guy. You have no issue with the fact he was given this great opportunity to play in the NFL as a first round pick and admitted to not working hard? You have no issue that after seeing the error of his ways he throws a party and misses treatment? This guys a turd and you really should hold him to higher standards. Don't bother with the " he's a kid" defense either because it's bullshit. He's the same age as MEN who defend our country every day.

Come on WSS! You haven't heard any valid complaints about Manziel??!! You say that then accuse others of being stupid jerk off? For fuck sake even WalterWhite has seen the light on this guy. You have no issue with the fact he was given this great opportunity to play in the NFL as a first round pick and admitted to not working hard? You have no issue that after seeing the error of his ways he throws a party and misses treatment? This guys a turd and you really should hold him to higher standards. Don't bother with the " he's a kid" defense either because it's bullshit. He's the same age as MEN who defend our country every day.

To be fair I was in the military and there was more than a fair share of jerk offs in with me.

I meant exactly what I said. He was late for a treatment. Big fucking deal. The team collapsed in the Cincinnati game. Peyton Manning would have looked just as bad. He didn't lose that game that was a true team loss, unlike Indianapolis.

Again most of the shit the haters are mad about mean nothing.

If some of you guys weren't on the bitter bandwagon it wouldn't matter if he spent his spare time partying with celebrities, hunting and fishing in the Wisconsin woods, or going to Chuck E Cheese with his fucking wife and kids.

(and who gives a shit number one about what Walter White thinks???)

WSS

And we know Tex that you are having a wet dream about having JFF in TX. Hope he gets traded to NE.

traded to texas...best thing that could happen to manziel.....he obviously belongs in texas a hell of a lot more than he does in cleveland.....and i think every one in cleveland agrees with me on that point.....so why not just do it.....

I meant exactly what I said. He was late for a treatment. Big fucking deal. The team collapsed in the Cincinnati game. Peyton Manning would have looked just as bad. He didn't lose that game that was a true team loss, unlike Indianapolis.

Again most of the shit the haters are mad about mean nothing.

If some of you guys weren't on the bitter bandwagon it wouldn't matter if he spent his spare time partying with celebrities, hunting and fishing in the Wisconsin woods, or going to Chuck E Cheese with his fucking wife and kids.

(and who gives a shit number one about what Walter White thinks???)

WSS

If they keep JM and he turns out to be our QB of the future, you can tell me I told you so a million times. Or if they get rid of him and he's wildly successful elsewhere, ditto on that.

Actually, it would make a huge difference if Manziel WAS out fishing.

I'm seriously wondering if Manziel needs to go to rehab with the partying and drinking.

Bayless is calling Manziel an "alcoholic liar"

Hey, I don't know what Manziel has lied about...ya know what I'm sayin ?

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/12/29/7461779/skip-bayless-first-take-johnny-manziel-browns-alcoholic-liar

Archived