THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

second time in one day you use that same quote.

is that something from texas folklore?

seems like it rolls off your tongue a little too easy there in TX.......

For most kids the first words they learn are mama and daddy. In Texas it's, "Get a rope!" :P

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12093069/cleveland-browns-qb-johnny-manziel-says-back-words-action

He gives an interview here, saying '100 percent' he didn't throw a party, that he did not spend the night with Josh Gordon, etc.

Well, I'm convinced.

I have no idea but is there any evidence besides a couple tweets from random fucks? Anybody post a photograph? No? Hey I saw Chris chopping up lines of coke with the Queen last night.

on the Tony Rizzo show somebody said that they got a tweet that Johnny was at the barley house at 3 a.m.. If I had my phone to make a tweet Id have taking a fucking picture. Wouldn't you guys? Come on.

WSS

Obviously get some time to relax.. Ya know kick your feet up a little bit. Deserve a little bit of a break

Manziel via Bleacher Report

https://twitter.com/dustinfox37/status/549769487827087360

I thought women were the ones who constantly berated someone?

I have no idea but is there any evidence besides a couple tweets from random fucks? Anybody post a photograph? No? Hey I saw Chris chopping up lines of coke with the Queen last night.

on the Tony Rizzo show somebody said that they got a tweet that Johnny was at the barley house at 3 a.m.. If I had my phone to make a tweet Id have taking a fucking picture. Wouldn't you guys? Come on.

WSS

I'm inclined to agree - was there actually any evidence about this?

Also, the queen is more of a ground-up-swan-bones kind of woman. Coke is too low-brow for her.

JL 8/1 - INCIDENT: Arrested 6/29/12 for disorderly conduct (eventually dismissed), failure to identify, and possession of a fake ID (dismissed). On 7/15/13, pled guilty to the misdemeanor charge of failing to properly identify himself (showed a Louisiana ID with a 1990 birth date) after a fight in College Station; reports say he didn't start the fight but was trying to break it up. Paid a $2,000 fine, $232 in court costs, and serve 2 days in jail but received credit for time served after being jailed when initially arrested. On 8/6, he went before a 3-person discipline panel at TXAM that put him on "Conduct Probation" for a semester (Fall 2012) and suspended for the season; he successfully appealed the decision (after Sumlin & Kingsbury went to bat for him) and got the punishment reduced to standard probation, allowing him to play. Comes from a big-money family (oil money) in east TX but played HS ball outside of San Antonio.
Source at Manning Camp that knows JM well: nothing but positive things to say, mostly with the vibe of, "he's not doing anything differently than you, I, or anyone else did in college"
. From the vibe of online articles,
father seems a little too involved and overstepping his boundaries.
CONCERNS: Off-field behavior/lifestyle

JL 8/22 -Vibe on this guy keeps getting worse. Support staff members are sick of him and ready for him to go. Described as a cocky, me-guy. Loves football, FBI is high as well. Everything has been pretty well-documented in online articles about the kid,
but sources say he's a spoiled brat
(grandfather gives him allowance, father bought him luxury car)
. They say he was getting on people's nerves during the '12 season, but it went to another level after the ALUN game
Seems to enjoy putting himself in situations where he knows attention will follow him
(TXUN frat party during summer).
CONCERNS: Off-field behavior, cockiness, maturity

JL 10/15 - Suspended first half of TXRI game for autograph scandal. Couple of TXTC sources say can't yell/scream at him or he shuts down; has walked away from Kingsbury in the past. Has an avg. work ethic, came to 4 of 32 summer '13 workouts, and quit going to in-season workouts late in '12.
Doesn't study the game, said to know about 60% of the offense
in '12,
never watches film;
one source said only time he watched film during '12 was before ALUN.
Comes from 'outlaw bloodlines', mom moved the family to Kerrville to get away from father's wild family. Father's family is said to be very shady people, always into something
they are the root of Johnny's personality. 'What you see on TV and how he is portrayed, that's him; but when you talk to him, you'll like him'. Coaches love his tuffs/competes, they want to go to war with him, but 'Johnny will be Johnny' during the week.
Knows how to scheme the system,
arrogant and full of himself
but he's not smug to coaches.
Has been like this since Day 1, has never gone to class, goes to beat of own drum, but has ultimate confidence
. Loves the spotlight,
football is his release, big games don't scare him. Has size 15 feet and freakishly big hands. Will drink, but no one I spoke with think he's a smoker.
Teammates don't dislike him,
but there's some resentment, more so in the offseason when he isn't coming to workouts and they are busting their butt.
Loner, doesn't hang out with the guys, but very close with WR Mike Evans. Already has money, is used to spotlight, has already been exposed to NFL-level fame.
Will never take football seriously enough for our coaching staff, he'll hate meetings, will have to drag him to work out, etc.
The definition of the word maintenance.
CONCERNS: Maturity, passion for preparation, high-maintenance, work ethic

http://deadspin.com/leaked-internal-scouting-report-the-patriots-do-not-li-1574040417

Sounds about right!!

Even if what Manziel says is true with his version of events it still does not exonerate him from his own irresponsible behavior.

If what he says is true and there was no party what then is the irresponsible behavior in this case? The fact that he was late for rehab? I can accept that complaint but that shit happens. My problem is the paparazzi style reporting.

I'm not saying it's true or it isn't true but just give me a little evidence and ask yourself if it was another player would you care? Because I will bet you dollars to dog turds that there are plenty of Cleveland Browns out at the nightclubs shit hammered on a regular basis.

WSS

If what he says is true and there was no party what then is the irresponsible behavior in this case? The fact that he was late for rehab? I can accept that complaint but that shit happens. My problem is the paparazzi style reporting.

I'm not saying it's true or it isn't true but just give me a little evidence and ask yourself if it was another player would you care? Because I will bet you dollars to dog turds that there are plenty of Cleveland Browns out at the nightclubs shit hammered on a regular basis.

WSS

Missing his rehab and Browns security having to go to his apartment to get him I would call irresponsible behavior on his part. I agree with you on the reporting about getting all the facts correct before going public with them.

Missing his rehab and Browns security having to go to his apartment to get him I would call irresponsible behavior on his part. I agree with you on the reporting about getting all the facts correct before going public with them.

As I said yes I agree that's not very responsible. But when you embellish that story it becomes shitty journalism.

WSS

I didn't say it was true.......I said "it sounds about right!". ...........and it does, doesn't it?

BS-your implication was that it was all true since at no place did you say it was not. You must be an attorney if you think cute talk gets you off the hook for your irresponsible post.

And for the record I agree with JM that his missing rehab. was irresponsible. He owned it and that for me is the sole issue here (the behavior, not another mea culpa).

BS-your implication was that it was all true since at no place did you say it was not. You must be an attorney if you think cute talk gets you off the hook for your irresponsible post.

And for the record I agree with JM that his missing rehab. was irresponsible. He owned it and that for me is the sole issue here (the behavior, not another mea culpa).

But it basically is just another apology. I would much rather he not have anything to apologise for. Like Pettine said, you get so many 'oh ok then, next time you'll be better' moments, before you need to stop the talking, and start showing it. In a vacuum, this isn't a terrible thing, but when you're desperate to show you can be a professional, the actions a shouting over the words.

BS.....and you must be an idiot if you think your "I love JFF cos I'm an Aggie fan" isn't obvious!! :rolleyes:

BTW................ Whether the article has been debunked or not, he's shown by his antics this past year that he's exactly what the comments in that article stated!

WSS

1. They show up for work on time the next day or they get disciplined just like Manziel.

2. He was the starting QB. He should be plugged into the offense and at the meetings and helping shaw and the offense get prepared for a divison football game with a chance to knock the Ravens out of the playoffs and get the ship to .500 for the first time in forever.

I got news for you Steve, no one likes Hoyer because he's from Cleveland. They like him because he was standing next to Shaw on Sunday helping him through the game. They like him because even though he was injured and his tiny contract was expiring, he was doing everything he could to help the Cleveland Browns. They like him because he spent the entire off-season in Cleveland rehabbing from major surgery and learning the offense well enough that we could win football games with his average-talent ass in there.

I don't care that Manziel is Rich, Texan, or a Celebrity. I care that he is not dedicating himself to the Cleveland Browns.

Zombo

Of course he's lying. He's a perpetual liar. Remember the Manning camp incident where he blamed mccarron for his problems.

Not only was it a lie it was a terrible lie to blame your responsibility on someone else.

1. They show up for work on time the next day or they get disciplined just like Manziel.

2. He was the starting QB. He should be plugged into the offense and at the meetings and helping shaw and the offense get prepared for a divison football game with a chance to knock the Ravens out of the playoffs and get the ship to .500 for the first time in forever.

I got news for you Steve, no one likes Hoyer because he's from Cleveland. They like him because he was standing next to Shaw on Sunday helping him through the game. They like him because even though he was injured and his tiny contract was expiring, he was doing everything he could to help the Cleveland Browns. They like him because he spent the entire off-season in Cleveland rehabbing from major surgery and learning the offense well enough that we could win football games with his average-talent ass in there.

I don't care that Manziel is Rich, Texan, or a Celebrity. I care that he is not dedicating himself to the Cleveland Browns.

Zombo

Nailed it. I don't give a shit who's qb as long as they are dedicated and win. This little shit is nothing more than destractions, bad influence, and a waste of money.

Even if JM threw a party, it does not make him responsible for anyone else being late the next day for anything, so let's set that aside...

What troubles me now are Johnny's words... and I am not talking about living up to them. His statements just seem to be half-truth laden.

Started for me with "the Lobby brawl" when he was "out with Mom" who was up in his place during the 02:30 proceedings and apparently had been there for hours.

In this latest "incident" this statement jumped off the page at me:

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-party-friday-night-treatment-session-saturday-122914

“I made the decision to go out on Friday night and that was really that,” Manziel said. “I woke up extremely upset Saturday morning. I felt bad that I let my team down. I need to be accountable.”

The root cause, his "decision", his conscious decision, is wrapped up and set aside in the opening. No more discussion as "that was... that".

"Woke up extremely upset," and "I felt bad that I let me team down."

Interesting contrast of two likely true, but just as likely unrelated bits positioned to imply a causal relationship. The two emotional levels are not even of the same order of magnitude. I imagine that being awakened by team security could be quite upsetting.

The focus on the bit involving Josh and indignation over poor reporting seems diversionary. I'll save the whole resorting to Kerrville friends for validation until later... excepting wondering where his A&M friends are? I had an interesting Christmas conversation with an A&M senior that lent some perspective on this.

At this point I am just waiting for a report that Manziel's camp started the whole "Hoyer won't sign if Manziel is here" controversy. I can no longer find anything credible in Johnny's words... but they do bring a tune to mind:

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good.

Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood."

You're right it's not his fault others were late because of his party.

But what it does is set a bad example and can suck in those players who are more followers than leaders.

Just like any job anywhere... If someone isn't performing or they don't want to be there then shit can them. They lower moral and cause negative effects to others.

Z

1 yep. no argument.

2 I don't buy the rest. If he had been from California people would have gotten out the linch rope a long time ago.

as far as staying in Cleveland for the offseason, are you kidding me? Dude he lives here.

Did he spend the entire of season in Boston? Learning the offense?

At any rate say whatever you will it didn't seem to me that the collapse against Cincinnati had much to do with some guess that he didn't learn the fucking play book.

Not only that but it was apparent to just about every analyst I've heard speak of it they changed the game plan when he started. How do you suppose the rest of the team was up to speed? Because they sure as hell didn't look like it to me. And don't forget I'm not guaranteeing he is going to be great or that everything you guys speculate on isnt a lead pipe cinch.

It's just that 1 team collapse and speculation, rumors and bullshit aren't enough for me to throw him under the bus.

When guys like Tony Grossi report that the team has been very excited and complimentary about the way he's grasped the author notes and how he looks in practice, is he just lying? Or stupid?

WSS

You're right it's not his fault others were late because of his party.

But what it does is set a bad example and can suck in those players who are more followers than leaders.

Just like any job anywhere... If someone isn't performing or they don't want to be there then shit can them. They lower moral and cause negative effects to others.

Agree totally...

Pied Pipers don't have to lead in a positive direction and other behaving badly can justify bad behavior.

I've never denied that. It does not excuse what you did however. Another attorney smoke screen for your irresponsible post.

What I did?....My irresponsible post?.....LOLOLOL..........I simply posted some comments about JFF that were, according to you, debunked.........I never argued that, and that wasn't the point of the post..........I simply said that they "sounded about right" after seeing what he's done the past year. If that's "irresponsible" to you, then you can kiss my moon.gif you over-sensitive little Aggie twerp!

One last bit from the Fox article...

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-party-friday-night-treatment-session-saturday-122914

Manziel realizes he is the one who got himself into his situation because of his approach the last two years and admitted lack of attention to detail in practice when he was a backup.

Two years??? When did Manziel's last year at A&M become part of the convo???

Ag? Was there an A&M issue?

Archived