THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

One last bit from the Fox article...

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-party-friday-night-treatment-session-saturday-122914

Manziel realizes he is the one who got himself into his situation because of his approach the last two years and admitted lack of attention to detail in practice when he was a backup.

Two years??? When did Manziel's last year at A&M become part of the convo???

Ag? Was there an A&M issue?

That business of taking money for autographs and getting suspended maybe?

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Z

1 yep. no argument.

2 I don't buy the rest. If he had been from California people would have gotten out the linch rope a long time ago.

as far as staying in Cleveland for the offseason, are you kidding me? Dude he lives here.

Did he spend the entire of season in Boston? Learning the offense?

At any rate say whatever you will it didn't seem to me that the collapse against Cincinnati had much to do with some guess that he didn't learn to fucking play book.

Not only that but it was apparent to just about every analyst I've heard speak of it they changed the game plan when he started. How do you suppose the rest of the team was up to speed? Because they sure as hell didn't look like it to me. And don't forget I'm not guaranteeing he is going to be great or that everything you guys speculate on isnt a lead pipe cinch.

It's just that 1 team collapse and speculation, rumors and bullshit aren't enough for me to throw him under the bus.

When guys like Tony Grossi report that the team has been very excited and complimentary about the way he's grasped the author notes and how he looks in practice, is he just lying? Or stupid?

WSS

Yes, he lives here, and he spent only 4 days away from the building the entire off-season. Manziel lives in Texas but he sure spent a lot of time in Las Vegas. Hoyer took 4 days off, Manziel had pictures taken in 40 different night clubs. Give me a fucking break. If you want to be a starting QB in the NFL you move to that city and you commit.

Yes, we have a small sample size on Manziel but I cringe when people make excuses for him about the Cincinnati game. He was terrible and he was not good the next week. Not much to go on, but it is what it is, I'm sure he's much better than that but let's stop with "the whole team sucked so let's not blame him for sucking" excuse. He was the leader. He played small. He was unprepared. He got us zero points. He's got a hell of lot work ahead of him.

Zombo

I have always liked Joe Theisman from his days at Notre Dame and his NFL career. I respect what Theisman says and this was his assessment last year on Manziel and time has born him out to be spot on with his analysis:

9/6/13

"Johnny Manziel shows a great amount of immaturity. He shows a great amount of classlessness. He doesn’t understand what it’s like to be a leader. He doesn’t understand what it’s like to have the respect of the people in your business and with you. And for him to come out and say I’m only gonna stay one more year at Texas A&M, he would have trouble playing professional football with men.

His game is one of freelance football. It works very well in the Canadian league because I played up there. But in the National Football League, you can’t run around and think that you’re going to escape and outrun defensive ends and linebackers at this level. He’s not very disciplined in what he does. He’s not very mature in the way that he conducts his life and I think he should stay in college and grow up. And then if he thinks he can come and play with men, let him come.

But what really bothered me – there have been a number of things that bothered me about Johnny – but what really bothered me was when you walk by your head coach and ignore him, who the heck does he think he is? Yes, he won the Heisman Trophy; somehow he ended up winning the Heisman Trophy. Different guys kept falling off the map and all of a sudden he does his circus act against Alabama and everybody goes ‘Woo, OK fine, he’s the Heisman Trophy winner.’ Congratulations to him. I think that’s a great honor and a great award. But it also carries with it a degree with which you have to be respected and you have to conduct yourself in a respectful manner.

And what I saw him do in that game, in the conversation with the players, what I saw him do walking past his head coach, you’re the Heisman Trophy winner, you’ve been suspended by the NCAA, which by the way is the biggest joke in the world, for one half of a football game.

If you didn’t do something wrong, then don’t suspend him. There’s no such thing as he violated the spirit. What’s the spirit of what they’re talking about? They have no clue. So what happens is in this situation is you have a chance to go out on the football field, you’ve done your penance, you’ve received whatever fine or whatever penalty the NCAA wanted to dole out to you, now you get a chance to go out and lead your football team. You go out and get to show everybody that the things that happened, the things that were said about you, really aren’t you.

And then what he does is he just goes out and he just confirms that he’s not a very mature young man. And that he’s not a very goof leader of a football team. There are a lot of guys that have a lot of talent that play at our level. There are a lot of guys that have a lot of talent that play at the college level – Teddy Twatwater at Louisville, the quarterback at Clemson, the quarterback at Florida State – I’d take any of those guys over Johnny Manziel in a heartbeat, in a heartbeat."

In case this hasn't been mentioned before...

Broadway Floppie Johnny was hitting the sauce til the early morning hours

that Friday night before he had treatment for his hammy.

I never would have drafted him, but he was an exciting player in college.

Too bad. He probably won't hit rehab til he gets gone from his first,

or maybe even his second, team.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/29/johnny-manziel-cleveland-bar-friday-night-multiple-witnesses/?adid=tmzhero1

That business of taking money for autographs and getting suspended maybe?

Probably, but is 1/2 a game suspension big enough to tack a full year onto his latest mea culpa???

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-party-friday-night-treatment-session-saturday-122914

Manziel realizes he is the one who got himself into his situation because of his approach the last two years and admitted lack of attention to detail in practice when he was a backup.

Why you sound surprise? It's been reported the dude's been a slacker even in A&M. There's a reason why he plays without a playbook.

Again, many of these points were brought up and dissected before the draft. A lot of you folks fail to read them.

Hate to say it...but "I TOLD YOU SO." People were upset at me for being so critical of him. Well, now you know.

And who's the QB i wanted. The Bridgewater, the dude that's shown the best progress game after game. The dude that knows the entire playbook since training camp. The dude that's all about football. This same dude that is out of the limelight.

If what he says is true and there was no party what then is the irresponsible behavior in this case? The fact that he was late for rehab? I can accept that complaint but that shit happens. My problem is the paparazzi style reporting.

I'm not saying it's true or it isn't true but just give me a little evidence and ask yourself if it was another player would you care? Because I will bet you dollars to dog turds that there are plenty of Cleveland Browns out at the nightclubs shit hammered on a regular basis.

WSS

Steve, if you read Manziel's comments- he realizes he created the media monster- was sucking up every minute of it- or forget the selfie with Bee-ber and all the other stuff? He found out once you turn on the media machine, it's mighty hard to turn it off. He has TMZ on him like stink on shit.

I've never denied that. It does not excuse what you did however. Another attorney smoke screen for your irresponsible post.

OK AG- I agree the Patriots scouting report might be a fabrication- but there's at least an ounce of truth in it? Maybe?

Of course he's lying. He's a perpetual liar. Remember the Manning camp incident where he blamed mccarron for his problems.

Not only was it a lie it was a terrible lie to blame your responsibility on someone else.

Thanks for reminding me about yet another Red Flag pre draft. Sure seems like Johnny had no interest in taking notes from one of the best. I wasn't there- but gave all the appearances he hit the party circuit

In regards to the Patriots scouting report true or not it was released before the football season even started and it reads more like a prophecy now. What isn't true in it? Everything in it has come true or is true. People can make as many excuses for Johnny as they want, or try to justify it by saying he's young, or say that they are just rumors..... Look at his history

His Dad last year said Johhny has anger and drinking issues, Skip Bayless calls him an alcoholic. He apologizes last week for not taking football seriously and promises to commit 100% and not even 7 days later has to be dragged out of bed to attend practice. Let that sink in!

Much like last year with AJ McCarron when he again overslept. The multiple NCAA investigations, arrests, the bathroom coke photo, living in night clubs and going to Vegas.... Being on the sideline on his phone during the game 2 weeks ago.... The finger incident, and many I have missed. This kid is a joke, and will never be a leader in the NFL... He will never be respected by his peers. He will never be someone that puts in the work the greats do to be great..... Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning etc (Winners) they all put in endless time studying the game, going over tape, practicing, prepping their bodies...

Do you think Manziel is going to be practicing all off-season, studying tape, living a healthy lifestyle. No, he will most likely not be putting in the time because he never has in his life and that's just who he is. He isn't just all of a sudden going to be someone that becomes a leader, who studies all hours of the day and preps... Separation is in the preparation and he doesn't do the prep. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

When that sack fumble for a touchdown was taken back I was embarrassed by him. He just laid there, didn't even play through the whistle. He gave up on that play and didn't even look for the ball. He has realized he is too small, and too slow and his style of play isn't going to be one that works in the NFL.

It seems there wasn't a week that went by that he wasn't having to apologize for something, or think more carefully about his actions. The Browns would be best off cutting their losses now before dragging that waste of a roster spot into next season and spreading cancer

How about this... Can anyone show all the positive traits of a successful QB he shows week in and week out in regards to preparation. Character... Choices... Performance... Practice... Or playing? I guess, what does he show every week that says this is the guy... Or he has a shot at being successful?

Manziel media machine kicks into high gear with excuses.

http://bleacherreport.com/uninterrupted

Sorry if this has been linked, but who the fuck after a shit bag season would come out with a promotional video?..? This guy is delusional..

He's all talk (rather than talent, work, execution), he's said the same things for weeks.

Get him off the team.

but who the fuck after a shit bag season would come out with a promotional video?..? This guy is delusional..

You know, I do appreciate what he's "trying" to do here, which proves he is delusional... it wreaks of "me" and just more bs talk....

The only reason he'd make this video is because he believes it shows that he means business.....sadly, he doesn't understand that the video is a waste of time and his ONLY option to make things right is to complete the following 3 steps:

1) stay out of the news

2) learn his job

3) play well and win

thats it.

I'm pretty sure he is referring to how badly he has fucked up everything with off the field incidences since he won the Heisman 2 years ago and became an instant media darling. He was not talking about what he did to prepare for his last year at A&M in terms of football. I already went over the data showing his spending weeks with a QB coach on his own and off season workouts with receivers to make himself a better passer first and runner second which paid off in making himself a better passer. I'm sure he is talking about how he has f'd the rest of his life up with all his goofball TMZ antics. He was not ready to handle a Heisman or the instant 24 hour a day 365 a year attention it got him.

Archived