THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Mock Draft

darren15

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can help out but refuse to pick for squeelers or ratbirds

You only gave 3 hours between picks. That is not enough time. Some of us do have lives. If it was a guy that had not posted here for 2-3 weeks, understandable. But this is Zombo's pick. Hell, he runs this board. I mean, I have a couple of picks coming up....and generally I am not on here over the weekends. I will have to make special arrangements to come in on the weekend if you do this sort of thing. If my picks for the DATS and Vikings don't happen before late afternoon, I will expect to be able to come in on Monday and make those picks. Don't be Mother Superior and jump the gun.

WhOpps there it is^^^ Grab your bulls/balls by the horns Comish (page 6 interesting)

Well if you can't make it on the weekends then send a list to darren in a PM and he will take the highest on your list for each team. Otherwise we have this situation where we all wait two days for one person. Or you can have him select BPA regardless of position or need.

If my picks for the DATS and Vikings don't happen before late afternoon, I will expect to be able to come in on Monday and make those picks. Don't be Mother Superior and jump the gun.

Well.... we can either:

1. waste another day or...
  2. Make like a real draft and leave Gip's teams open for him to pick but let other teams roll in order as we wait...

I vote for #2 as it meets Gip's stated expectations while allowing us to proceed.

Well.... we can either:

• waste another day or...
  • Make like a real draft and leave Gip's teams open for him to pick but let other teams roll in order as we wait...
I vote for #2 as it meets Gip's stated expectations while allowing us to proceed.

I vote to PM his Mommy! Maybe she will let him come out to play! :-}-

Well.... we can either:

• waste another day or...
  • Make like a real draft and leave Gip's teams open for him to pick but let other teams roll in order as we wait...
I, for one, don't want to hear him make his case for six months how it's unfair for teams to make their pick ahead of others due to some questionable "time limit rule."

Needless to say, I'm in favor of waiting.

I can understand his rant about only giving 3 hrs, but we cant wait days either.....I think 12 hrs was established and we should stick to it.....was honestly thinking the weekend would be the time to get a lot of picks in, as most people arent working...so, we're almost at 24 hrs now, do we keep waiting or get this show in the road ???

OK either make the picks for him or leave them blank so he can pick tomorrow ......or wait until tomorrow I am fine with all 3

whoever makes the next pick I will go with

Just stop. Why pick more talent off the board to let Gip pick it off your team tomorrow? See you all Monday after 4PM. Darren it spineless to don't care on 3 options & not addressing the issues ahead of time. Sorry, but that's it.

OK here is an idea ....let me see if everyone agrees.

We carry on under the understanding that if Gip wants players picked by other teams he can do then they repick and I will redo the picked list ?

If Gip wants none of the players picked then obviously no changes need to be made .....I will jot down on paper a conditional draft from Gips first pick onwards ....if Gip chooses any players picked we redo from his pick onwards.

Everyone agree ?

OK here is an idea ....let me see if everyone agrees.

We carry on under the understanding that if Gip wants players picked by other teams he can do then they repick and I will redo the picked list ?

If Gip wants none of the players picked then obviously no changes need to be made .....I will jot down on paper a conditional draft from Gips first pick onwards ....if Gip chooses any players picked we redo from his pick onwards.

Everyone agree ?

How about we do like the normal draft? You're on the clock for 10 minutes, if your pick isn't in, the next team is on the clock.

He had way more than 12 hours to make the pick, the next team goes on the clock. Since comeonman already made his pick, The Gipper is back on the clock for the next 12 hours. If he doesn't get his pick in in time, it's the Vikings turn. Then back to The Gipper again and so on.

I understand giving people a reasonable amount of time, I'm all for it, but it takes 1 minute to check the thread with a smartphone...

There has to be a maximum time or this gets ridiculous, especially in the later rounds.

I propose we do something more like what the actual NFL draft does if you are late -- you can still make your pick, but anyone whose pick has been submitted is off the board for you, even if your pick is nominally "ahead" of theirs.

Minnesota did this a few years back -- they were 7, but were late bc they were trying to finish a trade. So 8 and 9 got their cards in before Minn got theirs to the table.

It turned out pretty well - that pick they eventually made was DT Kevin Williams.

Everyone agree ?

Darren,

I am with whatever you ultimately decide, but suggest that you either freeze the draft altogether or let it roll skipping Gipper until he shows to pick from undrafted players at the time of his return. That is players taken when skipped over him are off the board.

Not everyone will be pleased with whatever choice, but efforts to split the baby just insure that the maximum number will be displeased.

Thanks for volunteering to herd the cats this year.

Archived