THE BROWNS BOARD

Coronavirus as political weapon

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I have a small crop of poison ivy I could give to the neighbors so I can sneak into their "hoard" while they are out getting treatment.🤡

201403280635348522.jpg

27 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

One extra precaution that had not occurred to me though I lift the toilet seat in a public bathroom with my foot and flush the toilet with my foot I always wash my hands but the wife pointed out the touching the bathroom door on the way out sort of overrides all of that shit.

WSS

All medical treatment people on the VA hospital wards I worked in are fully aware of that, which is why they keep sanitizers outside the door of every patient's room and a strong anti-viral/anti-bacterial soap dispenser right on the sink inside the door of each patient along with gloves right on the wall next to it with glove disposal hampers run by foot right next to the glove dispenser. The water is run by a sensor when you put your hands under the faucet.

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'd say of the three (Trump, Biden and Sanders) Trump is the most healthy even though he is fat.  Sanders would be highest risk since he recently had a heart attack, and Biden obviously has at minimum dementia.

Biden would probably handle it the best

Bernie's heart attack would put him at risk

Trump's weight is already putting a strain on his respiratory system, and this virus would make that worse

It is odd to me when some of the most flippant attitudes towards the virus come from the most at risk groups (old people). 

- Stubbornness? "I've survived everything so far, I'll survive this." Or "I'm not changing my lifestyle for some damn cold."

- Misinformed? Not sure if this is political as well. If most old people are conservative, and conservatives want this to seem like not a big deal, there might be some overlap. If they are just going to believe their red politicians even at their own detriment.

- Or, it could tie back to them not being as adapt at the internet? Therefore they more easily believe things online (Facebook) and underestimate their risk. 

Now I already said that this virus is showing just how stupid we are. And I don't mean old people. I mean everyone. From the toilet paper, to not following numbers, to not understanding the "flatten the curve" reasoning for social distancing. 

Bad look overall

You vague generalizations and invalid self-serving hypotheses still don't make you sound like

Buddha, brudda.

The collective "We" when referring to a few alcoholics??? fighting in a store over tp is NOT "we".

And there are plenty of older folks who do the internet just fine. You woodpeckers don't even USE toilet paper, how are you any kind of expert on that? Name one older person who doesn't understand that social distancing tends to keep the spread of viruses down?

Stop your aviary mumbling.

th?id=OIP.znlKgoynA8SKr8zLaDWvKQHaE6&pid

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

You vague generalizations and invalid self-serving hypotheses still don't make you sound like

Buddha, brudda.

The collective "We" when referring to a few alcoholics??? fighting in a store over tp is NOT "we".

And there are plenty of older folks who do the internet just fine. You woodpeckers don't even USE toilet paper, how are you any kind of expert on that? Name one older person who doesn't understand that social distancing tends to keep the spread of viruses down?

Stop your aviary mumbling.

th?id=OIP.znlKgoynA8SKr8zLaDWvKQHaE6&pid

Yes cal, you "do the internet" just fine

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2020 at 12:02 AM, The Cysko Kid said:

All I can say is in only willing to live like a goddamn prisoner for so long before it's time to say fuck the old and sick. 

You can't cancel the lives of the young and healthy in order to attempt to save people already near death.

To bad- you don't get to decide who lives and who dies. Old is relative, I know of guys on the high side of 100 who can still ride a bike 15+ miles. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! I have already predicted that the long lines of hoarders at grocers and pharmacies will calm down in 2-3 weeks when they all realize they have too much shit already. Just going on a normal trip this morning the lines were tolerable to get a few things I needed to cook my homemade green beans & hamburger helper for the grandkids who love that stuff. Picked up a 3 Bar Dial soap because the hoarders don't know that surgeons recommend a full body wash the morning of surgery for patients coming in for a procedure. That is the best anti virus/anti-bacterial stuff you can use as soon as you get home from "hostile territory". Hand sanitizers are actually minimally effective compared with a 1/2 minute of Dial soap.

Mentioned elsewhere the TP hoarding is nuts. I have to wonder the rationale behind it. And I'll blame the media (this picture on the front page of the local paper) for fueling the hysteria.  FWIW, I spent a few hours at three different grocery stores yesterday- and I didn't see anyone with a mask on. Biggest problem? Some of them cancelled the Saturday wine tastings, and the ones that didn't- didn't set out the cheese and crackers like they usually do. . 

PS- the stores have wised up- limit three of paper products.  

c2dd0382-3027-412b-af1d-13df14edb8eb.jpg

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, hoorta said:

To bad- you don't get to decide who lives and who dies. Old is relative, I know of guys on the high side of 100 who can still ride a bike 15+ miles. 

Mentioned elsewhere the TP hoarding is nuts. I have to wonder the rationale behind it. And I'll blame the media (this picture on the front page of the local paper) for fueling the hysteria.  FWIW, I spent a few hours at three different grocery stores yesterday- and I didn't see anyone with a mask on. Biggest problem? Some of them cancelled the Saturday wine tastings, and the ones that didn't- didn't set out the cheese and crackers like they usually do. . 

You can't but help that it gets these hoarding aholes.

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Just shop at Asian markets. 

Idiots and racists have a lot of overlap

I go to CAMASIA in North Randall to shop with my wife so she can get her Japanese stuff.  I don't have to worry about the racist hoarders there, they are afraid to go within 100 yards of the place.  And they have plenty of american food there also.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

All medical treatment people on the VA hospital wards I worked in are fully aware of that, which is why they keep sanitizers outside the door of every patient's room and a strong anti-viral/anti-bacterial soap dispenser right on the sink inside the door of each patient along with gloves right on the wall next to it with glove disposal hampers run by foot right next to the glove dispenser. The water is run by a sensor when you put your hands under the faucet.

I have an regular scheduled physical exam with my MD at the VA in May.  They are screening everyone who comes thru the door now.  But since it is spreadable with no symptoms I don't see what good it  really does.

22 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Saw people coming out of Giant Eagle today with toilet paper. Unfortunately I went in for bottled water but they were out of that.

No mask wearing dolts either. Unless they have the virus masks do no good. They only serve to protect others, not the wearer.

I've been to a few public places that when a conversation about this virus came up, the sentiments were the same everywhere. A bar, my cities rec center, Third Federal yesterday, standing in line at FedEx, most recently was Planet Fitness. Some were young, some old. Their political leanings I had no clue. Regardless, the consensus it that the hysteria is media created no matter who you talk to.

….and now the Rec Center is closed those fuckers, is why I went to Planet Fitness. $20 for a one day pass those fuckers!

38 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Italy toll passed 1800.  Mortality rates aren't flattening out.  Spain death toll doubled in 24 hours.

Shit is no joke out there.

From 5 to 10?

https://www.thelocal.es/20200307/spain-reports-first-coronavirus-death

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-deaths-from-coronavirus-are-so-high-in-italy/

Italy has the oldest population in Europe, with about 23% of residents 65 or older, according to The New York Times. The median age in the country is 47.3, compared with 38.3 in the United States, the Times reported. Many of Italy’s deaths have been among people in their 80s, and 90s

True, its no joke. And it not being a joke is about as far as it goes.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I've been out in the wilds of Wyoming backpacking and climbing for up to a week, and TP was one of the essentials. You don't need an entire roll, just unwind it off the roll with no core. Pretty compact, and the added weight is almost nothing compared to a tent and sleeping bag. Not to mention climbing gear.  :)  

OK, showing off for a bit- Larry's big ascent- Gannett Peak, the top of Wyoming. It's not the Grand Teton, as some mistakenly think, but I've been to the top of that sucker too. It's a 30 mile hike to get there, and then you have to climb it.  I have a 16x20 pic on my wall that I took from the same spot.  

Image result for gannett peak images

• Thanks 2

Larry I keep my hikes more reasonable now that I'm past 70. But that led me to taking one up the source of the Colorado to Lulu City on the backside of the Divide in RMNP. I was the only one on it really early one morning and saw all the wildlife before the "rabble' made too much noise for them to stick around. There are more moose over there though I am now seeing them on the Estes Park side as well. I don't hike high now without supplemental O2 in 2-3 really lightweight aluminum canisters just in case. It's a reasonable precaution above 10,000 ft. for old farts who think they are still young.🤗🧓 Not gonna drop dead like a friend of mine from HS who died on a Colorado ski slope after having been a career Army Ranger much younger. Not enough O2 up that high for even those who were in the best of shape as young men.

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I have an regular scheduled physical exam with my MD at the VA in May.  They are screening everyone who comes thru the door now.  But since it is spreadable with no symptoms I don't see what good it  really does.

I cancelled my regular one for last Monday. I don't want to wait around in this very enclosed area with 100 other vets where they take your labs and then another enclosed area where you wait for the MD to see you. Too damn many old sick people there and who knows now that this virus is out there. It was just a prudent cancellation. If yours is just routine and you are doing well, consider cancellation yourself. I've been doing great on a new blood pressure med, so I felt no need to go in until the virus scare is gone. They understood that. They are renewing the meds without the visit. Take care DieHard.

And U2 cal.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I cancelled my regular one for last Monday. I don't want to wait around in this very enclosed area with 100 other vets where they take your labs and then another enclosed area where you wait for the MD to see you. Too damn many old sick people there and who knows now that this virus is out there. It was just a prudent cancellation. If yours is just routine and you are doing well, consider cancellation yourself. I've been doing great on a new blood pressure med, so I felt no need to go in until the virus scare is gone. They understood that. They are renewing the meds without the visit. Take care DieHard.

And U2 cal.

We'll see how its going then.  For sure I will postpone if things are really bad.  But I figure If I make it till may, I'm immune.😁

• Haha 1