THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

Soju

52 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If the 32 NFL GMs were lined up and asked, who do you want, Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield, how do you think the vote goes? 

And Lamar definitely has limitations too, as shown in the playoffs. 

Lamar is a great RB with some passing skills. I watched their entire game against the  Bengals, and they wrote a book on how to neutralize him. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, hoorta said:

Lamar is a great RB with some passing skills. I watched their entire game against the  Bengals, and they wrote a book on how to neutralize him. 

So did the Browns a few seasons ago, when they jumped all over Baltimore and made the Ravens (and Lamar) one-dimensional. 

But as many on here have pointed out, the NFL is trending towards QBs playing like Lamar does, than how Baker does. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Fantastic.

The QB the Browns took #1 overall in the entire 2018 NFL Draft, before Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson, won a playoff game.

Alert the statue makers! 😉

Are you pretending you LIKED Josh Allen more than you liked Josh Rosen pre-draft?  If so, you're full of SHIT.   

And let me guess, even though Baker was drafted by the 0-16 team - ONLY poor Josh Rosen was the one that just didn't stand a chance with the piss poor team that drafted him right?  After his 5th or 6th team cuts him - the Saints might have room.  

Sometimes you gotta understand where this franchise was when they drafted Baker to understand what he's done here vrs what he was up against.  Are you the only one in Ohio that wasn't aware of the QB t-shirt?  Just sayin...

This franchise was 1-31 the 2 years before drafting Baker and 0-1-1 with a 14 point deficit to the Jets before he takes his 1st snap as a rookie.  The guy went 7-7 and set a rookie record for TD passes which has to SUCK for you and your media hero Tony Grossi. 

Dutch you act like a lot of QBs have led this team to 11 regular season wins and 1 playoff victory since 1999.    And this franchise always scores 48 points in playoff games right?  Now, why don't you go take inventory of what your buddies want you to post so you can win the cutest essay contest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

I'm not one to say I told you so...

But I am one to say SUCK MY DICK!

And suck Baker's limited dick too. 

Z

Congrats, the guy who predicts the Browns to win every game predicted correctly that the Browns would win. 😂

Our good QB had a good game! 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Congrats, the guy who predicts the Browns to win every game predicted correctly that the Browns would win. 😂

Our good QB had a good game! 

That's your cop-out? That my character "The Great Zomboni" picks the Browns to win every game since 1999?

He was extraordinary today, he made huge plays, we trounced a rival and we are fucking back.

Put your sarcasm down for a night and have a celebratory drink with us 🍺 

Z

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Are you pretending you LIKED Josh Allen more than you liked Josh Rosen pre-draft?  If so, you're full of SHIT.   

And let me guess, even though Baker was drafted by the 0-16 team - ONLY poor Josh Rosen was the one that just didn't stand a chance with the piss poor team that drafted him right?  After his 5th or 6th team cuts him - the Saints might have room.  

Sometimes you gotta understand where this franchise was when they drafted Baker to understand what he's done here vrs what he was up against.  Are you the only one in Ohio that wasn't aware of the QB t-shirt?  Just sayin...

This franchise was 1-31 the 2 years before drafting Baker and 0-1-1 with a 14 point deficit to the Jets before he takes his 1st snap as a rookie.  The guy went 7-7 and set a rookie record for TD passes which has to SUCK for you and your media hero Tony Grossi. 

Dutch you act like a lot of QBs have led this team to 11 regular season wins and 1 playoff victory since 1999.    And this franchise always scores 49 points in playoff games right?  Now, why don't you go take inventory of what your buddies want you to post so you can win the cutest essay test.

Telling it like it is... Baker is my QB... I think he's perfect for this team...

Just now, Zombo said:

That's your cop-out? That my character "The Great Zomboni" picks the Browns to win every game since 1999?

He was extraordinary today, he made huge plays, we trounced a rival and we are fucking back.

Z

Cop-out?

How many times do I have to write "Baker Mayfield is a good starting QB" or "Baker Mayfield starts for over half the teams in the NFL" for you to understand that I actually do think Baker is a good NFL QB? Do I think he's elite? No. 

But he definitely doesn't suck like so many on here said he has lately 😉

• Upvote 1

Maybe this will quiet the "fans"  that think Baker Mayfield stinks for awhile....... even though he's the first BROWNS quarterback since Vinny Testiverde to do squat in the playoffs.   Just sayin'.

GO BROWNS !

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Z

Never mind him Zombo - he still hasn't gotten over Hag 2 punking his ass the last time he got cocky and stuck his Nikes in his mouth..

Rumor has it Dutch's favorite pre-draft QB - Josh Rosen, after being released by Arizona, Miami,  Tampa Bay and SF, has finally been promoted from the Atlanta Falcons Junior Varsity to the Varsity team as a backup QB.  He was a 1st round QB Dutch suddenly wants to give the Coyote Ugly treatment to in hopes nobody will remember that was HIS guy while he bashes other fans' predraft favorite QBs.  And now back to our regularly scheduled regurgitation of Tony Grossi's point of view about Baker Mayfield brought to us by Dutch...  

Is anyone else as miserable as Dutch about what unfolded today?    

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Cop-out?

How many times do I have to write "Baker Mayfield is a good starting QB" or "Baker Mayfield starts for over half the teams in the NFL" for you to understand that I actually do think Baker is a good NFL QB? Do I think he's elite? No. 

But he definitely doesn't suck like so many on here said he has lately 😉

Aren't you the one that said "limited"?

Whatever limits him doesn't prevent him from throwing 60 yard td strikes, and drubbing his opponent, stepping on their necks at the end.

He's got a broken shoulder and lost his all pro tackle to the IR this week, and his big name #1 receiver flaked off ... and we trounced Mr Burrows and that other Ohio team.

C'mon,  have a beer with us believers ... and then in the words of Billy Joel "and we all enjoyed the weekend for a change".

Z

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Whatever limits him doesn't prevent him from throwing 60 yard td strikes, and drubbing his opponent, stepping on their necks at the end.

He's got a broken shoulder and lost his all pro tackle to the IR this week, and his big name #1 receiver flaked off ... and we trounced Mr Burrows and that other Ohio team.

C'mon,  have a beer with us believers ... and then in the words of Billy Joel "and we all enjoyed the weekend for a change".

Z

No, his hero Tony Grossi  writes all his content about Baker and he just spews it.  He makes it adorable for the kids that think he's wonderful in here so they give him smiley faces and reach arounds.

Before I forget - way to go Baker!  Those that said you couldn't were sincerely hoping the 48 points Cleveland hit Pittsburgh upside the head with in the post season last year were hoping you'd gag today.  One of those guys is still pretty resentful in how much you've outshined his Josh Rosen's 1st round resume to date.  The only guy drafted by an 0-16 team was Baker.  However, the only guy that still needs the drafted by a bad team excuse is Josh Rosen.

Now if only we can get him to admit this to all our boys and girls and ladies and gentlemen in here in lieu of pretending he actually LIKED Buffalo's Josh Allen.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Z

He is limited. I do believe that Baker has about hit his ceiling, which puts him in the top 15 QBs on the planet. 

Do I think he's an All-Pro QB? Probably not. Potential Hall of Famer? No.

But he's a good starting QB, and you can win a lot of games with a steady, good starting QB. 

But I do worry that if the Browns give him a big, franchise QB contract, that he's not dynamic enough to overcome the roster deficiencies his contract will cause. 

Nothing he did today shocked me, considering good NFL QBs often produce good or very good games, like he did today. And when people piled on him a few weeks ago, I backed him by pointing out the same things you mentioned: He's playing hurt, the OLine is banged up, his RBs were banged up, etc.

And it's always great when the Browns kick one of their rivals asses! 

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

He is limited. I do believe that Baker has about hit his ceiling, which puts him in the top 15 QBs on the planet. 

Do I think he's an All-Pro QB? Probably not. Potential Hall of Famer? No.

But he's a good starting QB, and you can win a lot of games with a steady, good starting QB. 

But I do worry that if the Browns give him a big, franchise QB contract, that he's not dynamic enough to overcome the roster deficiencies his contract will cause. 

Nothing he did today shocked me, considering good NFL QBs often produce good or very good games, like he did today. And when people piled on him a few weeks ago, I backed him by pointing out the same things you mentioned: He's playing hurt, the OLine is banged up, his RBs were banged up, etc.

And it's always great when the Browns kick one of their rivals asses! 

Yes, if only he was dynamic.

Seems to me that with OBJ off the books, and Landry reworked,  Tretter probably retired or gone, Clowney off the books, Walker off the books ... We can probably reup Baker, Ward AND Tretter, and resign a couple of those guys or their replacements. 

This team is not overextended. We can afford to have a real qb.

Z

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Z

Yes, WE WON!!! hurray!!! He only needs to play like that for the next 8 games Z.   FWIW, "There has been a great disturbance in the force" this Sunday. Not only if you had the Jags to cover- or win outright against the Bills, and take the under, you did VERY well.  (they were something like 13 point dogs) Denver beats the media darling Scowboys?  Giants beat the Faders?  

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Yes, WE WON!!! hurray!!! He only needs to play like that for the next 8 games Z.   FWIW, "There has been a great disturbance in the force" this Sunday. Not only if you had the Jags to cover- or win outright against the Bills, and take the under, you did VERY well.  (they were something like 13 point dogs) Denver beats the media darling Scowboys?  Giants beat the Faders?  

Are you using some Star Wars bullshit to explain why Baker and the Browns blew up your beloved Bungles and Burrows?

Z

• Haha 3

I'm proud of Baker and the Browns today They took a negative in Odell and turned it into a positive victory!!... Now lets get the Patsies!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Dude, I gave you a chance to join the celebration.  You seem happier being an assfuck.

Z

It seems to have worked for you for what, 57 years? 😂

Jesus, you Baker guys are so, so sensitive.

Look through the game thread, trust me, I enjoyed today very much. I know you Baker guys have been waiting weeks for him to have a good game so you could explode with "LOOK SEE I TOLD HE IS THE GREATEST EVER!"

We're all fans of the Cleveland Browns, not the Cleveland Mayfields, and today was a good day, yes? 

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It seems to have worked for you for what, 57 years? 😂

Jesus, you Baker guys are so, so sensitive.

Look through the game thread, trust me, I enjoyed today very much. I know you Baker guys have been waiting weeks for him to have a good game so you could explode with "LOOK SEE I TOLD HE IS THE GREATEST EVER!"

We're all fans of the Cleveland Browns, not the Cleveland Mayfields, and today was a good day, yes? 

I'm not a "Baker guy" I'm a Browns guy ... Bake, Myles, Chubb ... I think I explained that all earlier in this thread ... you even complimented the post. But Baker is the only one under attack ... what the fuck else would you have wanted your franchise qb to do today? 

No one is exploding because Baker played like Baker today .. we are exploding because THE WHOLE TEAM did their job today, and the stars starred. Post-obj life looks good. 

But now I'm the sensitive one ... when you'd rather keep your asinine trolling and sarcasm going rather than just saying " we are pretty fucking good, Baker was awesome, this is a great week!"

How hard is that?

Z

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, FALCON7 said:

Baker is now headed to the HOF...

I know sarcasm when I see it   -but-. again in a make believe "what if" world Mayfield probably would be more deserving of the HOF than Terry Bradshaw for one who was largely carried by his team.     Now discuss.  

And remember that this is a sports forum for the exchange of ideas and not the Supreme Court.  

GO BROWNS !