THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

59 minutes ago, nickers said:

Someone will put out a tell all book... Count on it... These bitches aren't done by a long shot...

Doubtless... Some of them were already on HBO? I suspect they got a nice little "appearance" fee.  

7 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

So the cases were only worth 50-75k? 

Plantiffs attorney throws a tantrum and rounds up more “victims” after the criminal cases failed.

Read between the lines folks 

Yup... Old Busser-bee isn't dumb...  He gets a cut of every one of those 20 checks.  :)  

&  the 4 holdouts are only holding out for more $$$   

5 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

1.) So the cases were only worth 50-75k? 

2.) Plantiffs attorney throws a tantrum and rounds up more “victims” after the criminal cases failed.

3.) Read between the lines folks 

1.) 20 of the 24 cases would have settled at 100k...but Watson needed all 24 at that time... my guess? he got the 20 just over the 100k they offered..IDK.. just my opinion

2.) also very True ! but remember the new case Hardin had that he knew nothing about? my guess? the 2 more suits that are on deck? Hardin faced the same thing again.. It may have forced Hardin's hand to settle the settle-able? IDK..Just my opinion.. My question is? of the 4 remaining? Who's left with actual sexual assault charges?

3.) I'll wait.. hopefully most of those lines will get out... 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

1.) 20 of the 24 cases would have settled at 100k...but Watson needed all 24 at that time... my guess? he got the 20 just over the 100k they offered..IDK.. just my opinion

2.) also very True ! but remember the new case Hardin had that he knew nothing about? my guess? the 2 more suits that are on deck? Hardin faced the same thing again.. It may have forced Hardin's hand to settle the settle-able? IDK..Just my opinion.. My question is? of the 4 remaining? Who's left with actual sexual assault charges?

3.) I'll wait.. hopefully most of those lines will get out... 

The lawyers on both sides tend to know their clients, relative case strength,  defendant's assets/ability to pay, the other details that we do not know about. 

So 20 settle at $75k = $1.5M.  And 20 at $100k = $2M.  We know about the DW guaranteed money so this means the women have a weak case, take the money and run.  I think (✔️)  that this is the case.  Weak case, quick settlement,  done.

The holdouts either want their day in court,  justice   -or-   they're better poker players and they can either win their case or settle for much more later.

I'm sure that they are proceeding with their lawyer's guidance.   We'll see as this soap opera grinds on........

.......meanwhile we fans keep typing on.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

If he was innocent, I wonder why he had to “settle” the cases against him? 🤔

There was talk of these cases taking years to go through one by one.  His entourage wants him playing football.  This is the way to end it.  (guilty or innocent) 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

We know about the DW guaranteed money so this means the women have a weak case, take the money and run.  I think (✔️)  that this is the case.  Weak case, quick settlement,  done.

451-99068c6d07df86f8801c4d4e90be457c.jpg.82e6e7b2fd05cdcd818e229f4ba567e3.jpg  found it! 🤓 <<(widen this) I was at a count of 17 of these similar weak cases..(included in list, was some of the repeat come backers) 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Lots of people hate Bob Kraft because the Patriots are so successful, sour grapes you understand. But Kraft went to a place that was basically a whorehouse.

A good chance those or at least many of the massage therapists were basically hookers but you would have to bet did at least a good portion of them were not.

Did anyone file a complaint against Bob Kraft?

WSS

Did any of them have a HIGH PRICE, lawyer on their side?  

21 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Did any of them have a HIGH PRICE, lawyer on their side?  

HIGH PRICE lawyers are high price because they WIN and get big paydays for their clients.....but they cost $$$$ up front.  And most all have a great staff.

I have a lot of good lawyer stories,  from inside our family  and out including a few interesting judges.  I used to golf with a bunch of them....great stories on the 18th and 19th holes.   ;)

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

451-99068c6d07df86f8801c4d4e90be457c.jpg.82e6e7b2fd05cdcd818e229f4ba567e3.jpg  found it! 🤓 <<(widen this) I was at a count of 17 of these similar weak cases..(included in list, was some of the repeat come backers) 

We’ve heard at this point more from the “victims” and Florio and some of you have just eaten it up.   Things would have changed with the ability to confront some of the accusers. 

5 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Settling is a tacit admission of guilt. Its also better for his career because if even one case stuck his career is likely over and he might be a registered sex offender. 

I wish he was anywhere but cleveland honestly. 

Settling is just an agreement that both sides like better than going to trial. There are so many considerations that go into settling, that you can't look at it as simple right vs wrong. Maybe Deshaun would pay more in legal fees to prove he did nothing wrong than he would pay in settlement.  Maybe DW doesn't want this to drag out for years, because he wants to have a life. You could also equally say the plaintiff is settling because they know they have no case and are afraid of losing; otherwise they would go to trial and aim for the really big money.

Also, these are civil cases, not criminal, so there is no risk of being a registered sex offender.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

True - it's "he said, all the women said", there isn't that much evidence that convicts, even though there would be appt schedules, etc etc.  The other four - were refusing to settle - which led to him not being a MIami dolphin.

I hope he gets suspended for two years, and they trade Baker to the Panthers. I would go in person to watch that game.... (it's away).

Baker sucks........get over it......nobody wants him even at QB pennies

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hish747 said:

Settling is just an agreement that both sides like better than going to trial. There are so many considerations that go into settling, that you can't look at it as simple right vs wrong. Maybe Deshaun would pay more in legal fees to prove he did nothing wrong than he would pay in settlement.  Maybe DW doesn't want this to drag out for years, because he wants to have a life. You could also equally say the plaintiff is settling because they know they have no case and are afraid of losing; otherwise they would go to trial and aim for the really big money.

Also, these are civil cases, not criminal, so there is no risk of being a registered sex offender.

Exactly. In this case he would have been an idiot not to settle....rather innocent or not. You can have them go away by resources you won't even feel. Criminal case is closed. Settling is an an admission of guilt as much as settling says the women were just out for a money grab.

2 minutes ago, laiccm said:

Baker sucks........get over it......nobody wants him even at QB pennies

he only took the Browns to the playoffs year before last, not being injured. This is a solid article for people who don't know what they are talking about:

http://www.trivisonno.com/baker-records

Baker Mayfield’s Standing NFL Records

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

he only took the Browns to the playoffs year before last, not being injured. This is a solid article for people who don't know what they are talking about:

http://www.trivisonno.com/baker-records

Baker Mayfield’s Standing NFL Records

A lot of these morons are going to find out soon how good Baker is. Jacoby Brissett?? LMAO!...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lodilobo said:

A lot of these morons are going to find out soon how good Baker is. Jacoby Brissett?? LMAO!...

Brisket is a fraud... Theres a reason he can't keep a starting gig in the NFL...

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

Isn't it curious that not long after the Texans were named co defendants that these got settled

Yep, it’s a black eye on the NFL and I’m sure they just wanted it to go away.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

So back to the topic, let's say the league suspension for one season and the Players Association threatens to strike unless they cut it in half. On 1 to 10 scale how big of a bunch of scumbags are the NFL players Association? Over under his nine.

WSS

6.4/10

I don't think they'll threaten to strike.

If DW asks the union for help, they're obligated to help. It's within his rights as a member, and part of the CBA that the union & management signed off on.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Isn't it curious that not long after the Texans were named co defendants that these got settled

I don’t find anything curious about it.

After the criminal arm of this investigation failed twice the accusers were no longer looking at restitution from this.  Keep in mind they filed civil cases back in early 2021. So these cases are now evolving to the point where Watson’s side (now done with the criminal cases) would start to drill down and get statements from the accusers and go through the normal discovery process that would shed light on the validity or lack thereof with these claims and bring out all the skeletons in their closets.  So now there is motivation.

The four left are trying to get more and see who will blink first. 

And from Watson’s perspective When you are wealthy beyond imagination there is very little reason to put yourself through the civil gauntlet especially when the media has already painted you as the bad guy and the masses ate that up.   Folks say to clear his name?  but that will never happen.  Some of you here will never see it that way.  He’s just wasting his time and he may find a small group of jurors that think a wealthy man should pay more anyway. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

After the criminal arm of this investigation failed twice the accusers were no longer looking at restitution from this.  Keep in mind they filed civil cases back in early 2021. So these cases are now evolving to the point where Watson’s side (now done with the criminal cases) would start to drill down and get statements from the accusers and go through the normal discovery process that would shed light on the validity or lack thereof with these claims and bring out all the skeletons in their closets.  So now there is motivation.

And from Watson’s perspective When you are wealthy beyond imagination there is very little reason to put yourself through the civil gauntlet especially when the media has already painted you as the bad guy and the masses ate that up.   Folks say to clear his name?  but that will never happen.  Some of you here will never see it that way.  He’s just wasting his time and he may find a small group of jurors that think a wealthy man should pay more anyway. 

mjp did the math... so offer the remaining 4 $200k, that's still less than a million. That blurb from Gumby pretty much nails it...  If she was willing to come back for more of the same, draw your own conclusion. They're not happy with what the others got. 

6 hours ago, lodilobo said:

And yet, not a single team want him in their locker room, let alone on the field with them. A lot of "morons" will soon find out how good he is on the CBS broadcast team :lol:

1 hour ago, Korsou Dawg said:

And yet, not a single team want him in their locker room, let alone on the field with them. A lot of "morons" will soon find out how good he is on the CBS broadcast team :lol:

I don't know about retiring to the broadcast booth... But if Baker was such a hot commodity, some NFL team would have made an offer for him already. His $18 million is 1\2 of what top starting QBs in the NFL are making.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

6.4/10

I don't think they'll threaten to strike.

If DW asks the union for help, they're obligated to help. It's within his rights as a member, and part of the CBA that the union & management signed off on.

Hey we've got no idea what their plans would be should the league had a one-season suspension.

However they approached it if he winds up with half of that it would seem to me to be a slap on the wrist given the consequences of other celebrities and other players. If he were a Steeler you'd agree.

WSS 

17 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Hey we've got no idea what their plans would be should the league had a one-season suspension.

However they approached it if he winds up with half of that it would seem to me to be a slap on the wrist given the consequences of other celebrities and other players. If he were a Steeler you'd agree.

WSS 

Not sure Steve... Even if Watson was playing for the Steelers, 8 games sounds about right.   Clearing up the majority of the civil complaints can't hurt.. Though the NFL is saying it's not going to influence what happens...  As I'm sure you realize, Good-hell is initially out of the picture.  Any findings the NFL has first go to an independent arbitrator.  After that, it gets a little bit murky. Should she decide the NFL has no case, Watson is free to play with no consequences.  

16 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Not sure Steve... Even if Watson was playing for the Steelers, 8 games sounds about right.   Clearing up the majority of the civil complaints can't hurt.. Though the NFL is saying it's not going to influence what happens...  As I'm sure you realize, Good-hell is initially out of the picture.  Any findings the NFL has first go to an independent arbitrator.  After that, it gets a little bit murky. Should she decide the NFL has no case, Watson is free to play with no consequences.  

"Cleaning up" is an odd phrase to use. Ben, who we used to call rapistburger, bang a drunken bitch, in a bathroom who chose to go in with him and drop her pants. 

If the Watson Affair isn't unprecedented tell me what rises to that level?

It's a matter of further tarnishing the NFL's image; of course the players don't care.

WSS

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Someone's in LOVE!   While SDBB is working on his 14th straight chapter of "this is only the media's fault" - the NFL is still investigating how long they might have to keep Watson out of SDBB's sight this football season.  I'm no Casey Kasem but here's a long distance dedication from just 3 Doors Down to San Diego, California...

• Haha 2

As far as punishment from the league lets remember mjp28's post in the other thread:

in defending Watson, the NFLPA will point to the punishments imposed (or not) on Commanders owner Daniel Snyder, Patriots owner Robert Kraft, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to support the argument that Watson’s punishment, if any, should reflect the consequences those owners received — especially since the Personal Conduct Policy warns that owners are held to a higher standard than players.

And what did Rapistberger end up with,  4 games?  And Watson didn't rape anyone.

Now I'm not trying to make it seem like what he did was ok...but when it comes to doling out the sentence, it's gotta be somewhat commiserate with prior punishments for 'these types' of issues.

8 minutes ago, Orion said:

As far as punishment from the league lets remember mjp28's post in the other thread:

in defending Watson, the NFLPA will point to the punishments imposed (or not) on Commanders owner Daniel Snyder, Patriots owner Robert Kraft, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to support the argument that Watson’s punishment, if any, should reflect the consequences those owners received — especially since the Personal Conduct Policy warns that owners are held to a higher standard than players.

And what did Rapistberger end up with,  4 games?  And Watson didn't rape anyone.

Now I'm not trying to make it seem like what he did was ok...but when it comes to doling out the sentence, it's gotta be somewhat commiserate with prior punishments for 'these types' of issues.

The BIG difference is NFL owners are filthy stinking rich.

And Watson is….umm….never mind.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

The BIG difference is NFL owners are filthy stinking rich.

And Watson is….umm….never mind.  .....slightly overpaid ?  

If you just want to buy an NFL team in 2022 you have to be a multi-billionaire and not afraid of some risk and debt for starters.

Oh and a new state-of-the-art stadium at least 1-2+ billion more.  The NFL is really a super rich man's game now......like we didn't know that already. 

But we still love ❤️ to watch it.