THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

2 hours ago, Orion said:

As far as punishment from the league lets remember mjp28's post in the other thread:

in defending Watson, the NFLPA will point to the punishments imposed (or not) on Commanders owner Daniel Snyder, Patriots owner Robert Kraft, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to support the argument that Watson’s punishment, if any, should reflect the consequences those owners received — especially since the Personal Conduct Policy warns that owners are held to a higher standard than players.

And what did Rapistberger end up with,  4 games?  And Watson didn't rape anyone.

Now I'm not trying to make it seem like what he did was ok...but when it comes to doling out the sentence, it's gotta be somewhat commiserate with prior punishments for 'these types' of issues.

well, to be honest, Kraft was caught with two different -prostitutes. Not 66 massotherapists. and he wasn't being sued by "victims". Dan snyder, had two complaints against him for sexual harrassment/attempted assault.

So, the two situations are hardly comparable much. 66 is very, very bad. Doesn't say any of them were prostitutes.

66-2=64. A couple of incidents with those two lowlife owners is way less a concern than 66 times - a serial behavior problem.

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

So, if a couple years from now Watson turns into a boy scout, all is forgiven.   Right? :D :D :D

Only if he can go to a funeral and say the Apostles creed with everyone else.............................................................oh wait........scratch that requirement.😁

Possibly the devil's advocate here but, and this isn't political, but that's one of the things that sucks about the American legal system. You can accuse anybody of anything and they can go bankrupt trying to defend themselves whether it's bulshit or not.

( I still wish Watson was in Atlanta they like scumbag quarterbacks down there)

WSS

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Orion said:

As far as punishment from the league lets remember mjp28's post in the other thread:

in defending Watson, the NFLPA will point to the punishments imposed (or not) on Commanders owner Daniel Snyder, Patriots owner Robert Kraft, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to support the argument that Watson’s punishment, if any, should reflect the consequences those owners received — especially since the Personal Conduct Policy warns that owners are held to a higher standard than players.

And what did Rapistberger end up with,  4 games?  And Watson didn't rape anyone.

Now I'm not trying to make it seem like what he did was ok...but when it comes to doling out the sentence, it's gotta be somewhat commiserate with prior punishments for 'these types' of issues.

Some good points made. Ben's suspension was originally 6 games that got reduced to 4 games for good behavior, at least allegedly.  I think it was because the 1 NFL owner (Rooney) that campaigned heavily to 31 other owners for a consensus of approval/support in selecting Roger Goodell as the NFL Commish - had a favor coming from the Commish.  What better way to appreciate/reward Rooney with an announcement that reduced a punishment to the face of Rooney's franchise for good behavior.

In Watson's case, paying off 20 Massage Therapists during the social media era is inevitably going to invite critics that will want to see the NFL do a little more than a wrist slap.  My question is will there be more pressure on the 4 Massage Therapists that refused to sell-out to continue this refusal when/if Watson starts to offer more money to them?  

As we speak, a clip Roger Goodell was just on the NFL defending his punishment of Daniel Snyder.  Seemed like the result of that investigation ended up punishing Jon Gruden a lot more than it punished Daniel Snyder.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Some good points made. Ben's suspension was originally 6 games that got reduced to 4 games for good behavior, at least allegedly.  I think it was because the 1 NFL owner (Rooney) that campaigned heavily to 31 other owners for a consensus of approval/support in selecting Roger Goodell as the NFL Commish - had a favor coming from the Commish.  What better way to appreciate/reward Rooney with an announcement that reduced a punishment to the face of Rooney's franchise for good behavior.

In Watson's case, paying off 20 Massage Therapists during the social media era is inevitably going to invite critics that will want to see the NFL do a little more than a wrist slap.  My question is will there be more pressure on the 4 Massage Therapists that refused to sell-out to continue this refusal when/if Watson starts to offer more money to them?  

As we speak, a clip Roger Goodell was just on the NFL defending his punishment of Daniel Snyder.  Seemed like the result of that investigation ended up punishing Jon Gruden a lot more than it punished Daniel Snyder.

Again non-political but I was listening to some clips on ESPN 850 a.m. Cleveland driving home from Put-in-Bay. A ridiculous and embarrassing line of questioning from everybody involved. What a bunch of grandstanding assholes.

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

"Cleaning up" is an odd phrase to use. Ben, who we used to call rapistburger, bang a drunken bitch, in a bathroom who chose to go in with him and drop her pants. 

If the Watson Affair isn't unprecedented tell me what rises to that level?

It's a matter of further tarnishing the NFL's image; of course the players don't care.

WSS

From what I read and heard, Ben brought an off duty cop with him to the ATL night club and had him barricade the bathroom door so she couldn't leave and nobody else could enter.   In Pittsburgh, that cop was a hero because he prevented a gang bang and became the only witness for Ben in the he said vrs she said.  Everywhere else, the cop was a dirt bag.  

The volume of females now being investigated by a female on behalf of the NFL won't make this very comfortable for those getting their hopes up IMO.  The Hornets nest we refer to as social media is going to be stirred by females wanting to picket the office of the NFL Commish.  Count on it...

Couple things to consider.

When you go down the road of saying there is no criminal charges...that's correct.  There are none.  That isn't the problem with this.  Watsons lawyer has already been out talking in public about how massages that end with happy endings aren't illegal.  Fine.  i'll agree with him.  He was putting that out because that is what they have evidence of.  Is that criminal?  A good lawyer could certainly argue that it isn't the same as paying for sex.  It's almost certainly why no criminal charges were brought.  ....Any trial that comes up, that stuff was going to come out and be proven, or just plain accepted as fact.  Massage, that had happy ending.  The issue.....and this is important because it's what makes Watson different from Kraft....the issue is the unconsentual nature of Watson presenting his junk to them in the manner that he is accused of doing.  Kraft went into the rub and tug place....and was entering into consentual transactions for rub and tugs.  

The problem of this sort of trial for Watson, is you are already conceding happy endings...there are already NDA's.  It's not a big leap to say Watson proceded with these women without consent.  

He should have settled a long time ago (if that was possible) and just flat out said he was into massages that might result in happy endings.  It would look bad.  It would cost some coin.  People would at least understand there are dudes who like this and Watson is one of them.  He's clearly gotten crap legal advice to this point.

I suppose it's still not too late to try and settle the other 4, and then try the best you can to frame this is ONLY about massages that ended in rub and tugs and not anything to do with putting your full on chubb in someones face etc against their will.  Just settle, take your suspension and move on.  He can't win by dragging this out or going to trial.

This might be the worst pre-football BROWNS season that I can ever remember. 

No notable looking ahead at the upcoming football season it's now buried in this DW soap opera plus right now we do not know who will be our Game 1 starting quarterback.......even with two experienced quarterbacks on the team.

Not a normal quarterback battle for the #1 spot instead the Cleveland BROWNS are a daily front page joke of having a top 5 quarterback who is some kind of idiot and a quarterback who's already said goodbye to Cleveland. 

Thanks for the fine job in getting a $230M pervert to sign up for the team locking us up for years.  We're now discussing criminal charges every day. 

● Question:   Anyone else here tired of this daily crap ?

GO BROWNS,  we still love ya' !    It's the leadership decisions that we question.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

No notable looking ahead at the upcoming football season it's now buried in this DW soap opera plus right now we do not know who will be our Game 1 starting quarterback.......even with two experienced quarterbacks on the team.

Not a normal quarterback battle for the #1 spot instead the Cleveland BROWNS are a daily front page joke of having a top 5 quarterback who is some kind of idiot and a quarterback who's already said goodbye to Cleveland. 

Thanks for the fine job in getting a $230M pervert to sign up for the team locking us up for years.  We're now discussing criminal charges every day. 

GO BROWNS,  we still love ya' !    It's the leadership decisions that we question.

We’ve assembled our best roster (truly the case this time) since I can ever remember.  We’ve got a young roster that is a year older. It is not all doom and despair and as long as the NFL doesn’t succumb to the Media’s desires on this suspension we will get to see elite level QB play for the first time in 30 years.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, mjp28 said:

If DW is on the front page every day, you are reading a tabloid, not a newspaper. Suggest you pass it on to the Mrs.

Having some uncertainty about the length of a suspension, and therewith who QB1 is going to be the first few games, is a price I am more than willing to pay for adding a top 5 QB in his prime to an already loaded roster. 

Clowney came back and accepted less pay than he could have made, just to play with DW. Only positive sounds coming from the locker room. Browns are preparing to win. It seems that is unsettling to some.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

If DW is on the front page every day, you are reading a tabloid, not a newspaper. Suggest you pass it on to the Mrs.

Having some uncertainty about the length of a suspension, and therewith who QB1 is going to be the first few games, is a price I am more than willing to pay for adding a top 5 QB in his prime to an already loaded roster. 

Clowney came back and accepted less pay than he could have made, just to play with DW. Only positive sounds coming from the locker room. Browns are preparing to win. It seems that is unsettling to some.

I wouldn't pay a nickle to watch watson be on this team, because he's a slut, the trade was outrageously stupid 3 NUMBER ONE DRAFT PICKS ????????, and he's a disgrace for no young Browns fans to look up to. I've wanted the Browns to be in the superbowl since I was a kid.

But not like this. Look at the polls. If Baker could have foreseen this garbage taking place, he would never have tried to play so injured. I'm not sure watson has a stronger arm, not sure if he's more accurate, but he can run for yards, sure.

It's not worth the disgrace he brings to the team, the disgrace and disgust to the fo over the huge unwarranted amount of guaranteed contract, and the three picks.... if he got a season ending injury, the Browns wouldn't have another first round pick to get a qb for three years???

trash move. Thinking it will be magic to get to a superbowl is a pipe dream Could happen - I don't see it.

The browns org is now the embarrassment of so many fans, so many other NFL teams. Nobody knows how it will all play out.

But for the rest of the players - they deserve to have a winning season - I would hope it's the other two qb's who can lead them.

But sadly, if watson is on the field, it won't be worth two cents to go to a game, and I will have better things to do than watch them on tv again.

But I will call friends who are browns fans still, and who have stouter determinations to watch the games..... to find out how games go, I reckon. lol

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Actually I don't read the daily newspaper DW is on a lot of my yahoo and other  newsletters especially the sports related ones on a daily basis.   I stay away from the tabloids. 

DW has been a top 5 QB but he did have some great receivers he should be a good to great QB here with the help of a balanced run/pass offense.   I just think I'm getting impatient waiting to see what happens next.

It's a good thing when the players' inner circle is united ..... it should show up on the scoreboard.  :)

And yes winning always helps to cure some ills.  With each the press will die down a bit.

• Upvote 1

TUESDAY ! 

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2022/6/25/23183149/cleveland-browns-deshaun-watson-nfl-disciplinary-hearing-reportedly-starts-tuesday

FWIF1ZVWIAA2DBQ.jpg.5ea73111ca24f504afc0a5c7cbc98da0.jpg

Deshaun Watson's hearing before the NFL and NFLPA's jointly appointed disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson is scheduled to begin Tuesday*, league sources told ESPN.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Let's see how this part comes out sometime before the Browns open training camp.  Then the next steps on possible suspensions, appeals, whatever. 

....Once she hears both sides, Robinson can decide that Watson did not violate the league’s personal conduct policy, which would end the NFL’s involvement in the situation. If she decides that some form of disciplinary action should take place, either the NFLPA or attorney Tony Buzbee, who is representing the women accusing Watson in the civil lawsuits, can appeal the decision to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who can either make a ruling rule on the appeal or bring in an independent party to make the final decision.

Robinson has never issued a ruling on a case involving an NFL player. While there is no set timetable for her to make a decision, the expectation is that it will come sometime before the Browns open training camp   at the end of July, according to Schefter.....

22 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He’s not getting anything less than a year. I just read the league is pushing for a indefinite suspension. Haslam should be tarred and feathered. 

I hope he never takes a snap for us... He's a despicable human being...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Actually I don't read the daily newspaper DW is on a lot of my yahoo and other  newsletters especially the sports related ones on a daily basis.   I stay away from the tabloids. 

DW has been a top 5 QB but he did have some great receivers he should be a good to great QB here with the help of a balanced run/pass offense.   I just think I'm getting impatient waiting to see what happens next.

It's a good thing when the players' inner circle is united ..... it should show up on the scoreboard.  :)

And yes winning always helps to cure some ills.  With each the press will die down a bit.

With him at QB... It will never feel real for me... I will always think of of him as a despicable and selfish person...  The Browns have sunk to the lowest common denominator enabling this turd fuck...

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, nickers said:

With him at QB... It will never feel real for me... I will always think of of him as a despicable and selfish person...  The Browns have sunk to the lowest common denominator enabling this turd fuck...

You use very resentful words when you describe him, which is your prerogative. Honest question though: why?

He used the services of seemingly cheap and sleazy masseuses. Is that enough to be so resentful? Do you know any of them personally? Is it getting tugs and paying for them? It seems likely tugs were offered to him, which I believe makes it a crime committed by the masseuse under Texas law. If there was any evidence he solicited them, the criminal cases against him wouldn't have been thrown out. Historically, juries in the south are quite gung ho about convicting black men, so there must really be no shred of evidence. 

None of the actual facts known offend me, nor do they prevent my from wanting him on the team. If anything, I am seeing him more and more as a victim of a questionable legal system, and media witch hunt. My major gripe with him at this point is that he wasn't smart enough to do things 'right.' He should have gotten his massages from actual sports massage professionals. I am sure he would have been able to find one both qualified and attractive, if these were both requirements. And for tugs or equivalent I am sure Texas or neighboring states have their Heidi Fleiss who could offer those services discretely, and by women highly unlikely to get second thoughts about providing them.

• Upvote 1

I say it's posturing by the league at this point. Reports came out that negotiations between NFL and NFLPA broke down. NFL now going 'all in,' because they know NFLPA can appeal the suspension. If negotiations broke down, that appeal seems a certainty at this point. Unfortunately, it seems this situation will drag out.

https://www.aol.com/reports-deshaun-watson-face-nfl-223959970.html

"A retired U.S. District judge will rule on what, if any, suspension Watson faces. She's expected to rule before the start of training camp."

At this point it's almost constant clickbait in a news vacuum butt this is from yesterday.

Try not to forget that the NFL has an image problem and making him the face of our home team is not something I will enjoy. Better than Michael Vick or Ray Lewis but still...

WSS

1 hour ago, Korsou Dawg said:

None of the actual facts known offend me, nor do they prevent my from wanting him on the team.

that is fine, your choice. However,

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/03/how-do-you-feel-about-the-browns-trading-for-deshaun-watson-poll.html

"When we asked our readers on Wednesday how they would feel if the Browns traded for Watson, about 73.5 percent of voters said they were not in favor of it. But now that the trade is done and Watson is a member of the Browns, how do you feel now?"

That was BEFORE the trade. A lot more has been found out now. It's a serious problem, but everyone makes their own choices on these kind of issues.

So it kind of seems like the Texans were complicit in the Watson massage therapist shenanigans, but will receive no punishment...

Why is this important, beyond the obvious?

Lets say Watson does get suspended for the entire season, and the Browns struggle in 2022. 

Houston could end up getting a Top 10 pick from the Browns as a result. 

#theysawthebrownscomingfrom1000milesaway 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So it kind of seems like the Texans were complicit in the Watson massage therapist shenanigans, but will receive no punishment...

Why is this important, beyond the obvious?

Lets say Watson does get suspended for the entire season, and the Browns struggle in 2022. 

Houston could end up getting a Top 10 pick from the Browns as a result. 

#theysawthebrownscomingfrom1000milesaway 

Yep, I mentioned this in another thread several weeks back.

I can imagine the thoughts of a top 5 draft pick waiting for the Texans as the Browns muddle their way this season with Briskett as our starting QB.

Mrs Robinson has been left with a very serious main media circus to start with.. 🤡

Cheers to hoping? 🍻

Mrs Robinson can stick to not trying to solve cases... 

I solely want to hear, the fact findings of what the NFL investors, Lisa Friel & Todd Jones have legit proof of..

bonus views... If we get any?...

a.) clarity into Texans involvement?

b.) DC writer claiming up to 60 claims?

It also, would not surprise me if NFLPA leaked the proposed 'significant suspension'.... coming

If your not familiar with the the now joined to NFLPA side?? Attorney Jeffery Kessler...

google this guys record vs. The NFL.. Mike Florio has him at 5-0...  

Luckily !   I jump onto a plane, headed to Dad's (left-us) vacation place in Presque Isle,Michigan on Wednesday for a great 10 days of some Perch/Small-lee's & Walleye fishing on Grand Lake... with very Spotty internet ! I won't be looking for any updates..

Week 1 is already, Booked to be at the Carolina game with 5 Carolina fan family members..

come on down! the waters look fine..images.jpg.a97b27482e365fbdd059e76ca676ce8f.jpg  Let's Go Browns !

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

You use very resentful words when you describe him, which is your prerogative. Honest question though: why?

He used the services of seemingly cheap and sleazy masseuses. Is that enough to be so resentful? Do you know any of them personally? Is it getting tugs and paying for them? It seems likely tugs were offered to him, which I believe makes it a crime committed by the masseuse under Texas law. If there was any evidence he solicited them, the criminal cases against him wouldn't have been thrown out. Historically, juries in the south are quite gung ho about convicting black men, so there must really be no shred of evidence. 

None of the actual facts known offend me, nor do they prevent my from wanting him on the team. If anything, I am seeing him more and more as a victim of a questionable legal system, and media witch hunt. My major gripe with him at this point is that he wasn't smart enough to do things 'right.' He should have gotten his massages from actual sports massage professionals. I am sure he would have been able to find one both qualified and attractive, if these were both requirements. And for tugs or equivalent I am sure Texas or neighboring states have their Heidi Fleiss who could offer those services discretely, and by women highly unlikely to get second thoughts about providing them.

Yeah and a innocent person doesn't make his victims sign NDA's unless hes got something serious to hide  then suddenly has to pay them off (20 women)  An innocent person supposedly: Shouldnt have to pay anyone off!...... Puhleeze..

I did read that the league is aggressively seeking an indefinite suspension but it was some bullshit Facebook Sports thing so I'm assuming somebody is talking out his or her ass.

edit

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10039923-report-nfl-pushing-for-indefinite-suspension-of-browns-deshaun-watson.amp.html

WSS

On 6/24/2022 at 1:38 PM, SdBacker80 said:

We’ve assembled our best roster (truly the case this time) since I can ever remember.  We’ve got a young roster that is a year older. It is not all doom and despair and as long as the NFL doesn’t succumb to the Media’s desires on this suspension we will get to see elite level QB play for the first time in 30 years.  

It's been a good roster for a while. S*** happens even to a good roster. Obj was supposed to be great and then started complaining of injuries so he sucked. Jarvis Landry says he was hurt and battled injuries. Jedrick Wills struggled Conklin went down. Baker got hurt and apparently we didn't have an acceptable backup.

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I did read that the league is aggressively seeking an indefinite suspension but it was some bullshit Facebook Sports thing so I'm assuming somebody is talking out his or her ass.

tNFLPA/NFL may have dipped their toes into the suspension testing waters? (but, we never get the real names of whom/with?)

Last Thursday..

NFL insider Josina Anderson reported..

“I’m told there’ve been recent attempts by the NFL, the NFLPA & Deshaun Watson’s advisors to negotiate a discipline settlement,” NFL insider Josina Anderson reported Thursday. “However talks involving a potential number of games missed ‘fell apart’ not being on the same page. As of now, process moves forward, per league sources.”

https://nypost.com/2022/06/23/deshaun-watson-discipline-talks-with-nfl-nflpa-fell-apart/

and here we are, Mrs Robinson...

6 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

tNFLPA/NFL may have dipped their toes into the suspension testing waters? (but, we never get the real names of whom/with?)

Last Thursday..

NFL insider Josina Anderson reported..

“I’m told there’ve been recent attempts by the NFL, the NFLPA & Deshaun Watson’s advisors to negotiate a discipline settlement,” NFL insider Josina Anderson reported Thursday. “However talks involving a potential number of games missed ‘fell apart’ not being on the same page. As of now, process moves forward, per league sources.”

https://nypost.com/2022/06/23/deshaun-watson-discipline-talks-with-nfl-nflpa-fell-apart/

and here we are, Mrs Robinson...

Just my 2 cents, but there is a clause stating the NFL owners should be held to a "higher standard" than the players.

Robert Kraft wasn't punished for solicitation. DW wasn't even charged with solicitation. Hmm....

So the NFLPA has that argument and will surely win it. So how does Robinson, and eventually Goodell hand out a punishment? This story is never going to end I fear. The media will never let it die, especially if DW gets less than a 1 year suspension.

PS-Presque Isle, Michigan is awesome.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

It's been a good roster for a while. S*** happens even to a good roster. Obj was supposed to be great and then started complaining of injuries so he sucked. Jarvis Landry says he was hurt and battled injuries. Jedrick Wills struggled Conklin went down. Baker got hurt and apparently we didn't have an acceptable backup.

WSS

Bingo! ^^^...(Chris Hubbard went out for the year in week 1 also/ with Wills down already in week 1)

and the very same-thing could happen to Tua at Miami or the Philly Eagles QB Jalen Hurts, now recipients of adding good weapons this off-season... Solid moves by both GM's... clarity at QB helps..

It might have been different to see Baker? 👀 with some non-injury roster luck including himself...   

• Upvote 1