THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

If he was innocent, I wonder why he had to “settle” the cases against him? 🤔

Of course he's not innocent but his attorneys aren't stupid. And neither are the attorneys for the women. Every case was a coin flip meaning you get ten times what you were asking for or Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah.

WSS

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Of course he's not innocent but his attorneys aren't stupid. And neither are the attorneys for the women. Every case was a coin flip meaning you get ten times what you were asking for or Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah.

WSS

Many of the wealthy and corporations settle suits so that the plaintiff goes away. You believe everyone or company who settles is guilty of the offense?

10 minutes ago, laiccm said:

Many of the wealthy and corporations settle suits so that the plaintiff goes away. You believe everyone or company who settles is guilty of the offense?

That has nothing to do with it. I'm saying that he most likely but that the chicks that he did it to are exaggerating their traumatic experiences.

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Well, if you look at the criminal aspect regarding guilt he is "innocent", because they could not get a grand jury to indict any criminal charges. And this was tried in 2 counties. However, having been part of the legal machine for 25+ years settlements are common even tho innocence is claimed just to offset legal fees in most cases. Im in no way saying he is innocent, but if they couldn't indict in a grand jury you have to believe that there was no evidence or very little of any criminal acts.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

That has nothing to do with it. I'm saying that he most likely but that the chicks that he did it to are exaggerating their traumatic experiences.

WSS

Exactamundo Steve. The reports were some of these ahem, "masseuses" were paid as little as $100 bucks. We probably will never know what they're getting out of this settlement, but you can bet the ranch it's way more than $100. Add a few more zeroes on- at least. 

The remaining four holdouts are undoubtedly asking for more. Whether it will ever make it to court will depend on their asking price to make their hurt feelings better. As you opined, they're taking a risk that they could wind up with nothing.  

3 minutes ago, 5150k9 said:

Well, if you look at the criminal aspect regarding guilt he is "innocent", because they could not get a grand jury to indict any criminal charges. And this was tried in 2 counties. However, having been part of the legal machine for 25+ years settlements are common even tho innocence is claimed just to offset legal fees in most cases. Im in no way saying he is innocent, but if they couldn't indict in a grand jury you have to believe that there was no evidence or very little of any criminal acts.

True - it's "he said, all the women said", there isn't that much evidence that convicts, even though there would be appt schedules, etc etc.  The other four - were refusing to settle - which led to him not being a MIami dolphin.

I hope he gets suspended for two years, and they trade Baker to the Panthers. I would go in person to watch that game.... (it's away).

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

True - it's "he said, all the women said", there isn't that much evidence that convicts, even though there would be appt schedules, etc etc.  The other four - were refusing to settle - which led to him not being a MIami dolphin.

I hope he gets suspended for two years, and they trade Baker to the Panthers. I would go in person to watch that game.... (it's away).

I hope they suspend your  drivers license if you EVER get caught doing ONE thing wrong!! This is a money grab by the women and their attorney! Did adult things happen YES! Nothing and I mean NOTHING came out until Deshaun asked for a trade out of Houston!!! DING! DING!! DING!!!! LIGHTBULB!!!! RED FLAG!!! CAL stop throwing the guy under the BUS! unless your middle name is Jesus and are perfect....blame away! WE ALL FALL SHORT!!

GO BROWNS!!!!

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, BrownsnMopar said:

I hope they suspend your  drivers license if you EVER get caught doing ONE thing wrong!! This is a money grab by the women and their attorney! Did adult things happen YES! Nothing and I mean NOTHING came out until Deshaun asked for a trade out of Houston!!! DING! DING!! DING!!!! LIGHTBULB!!!! RED FLAG!!! CAL stop throwing the guy under the BUS! unless your middle name is Jesus and are perfect....blame away! WE ALL FALL SHORT!!

GO BROWNS!!!!

Dodge? Chrysler? lol.

he didn't do just one thing. 26. and a ticket for speeding, etc is hardly comparable to what he was doing. He brought it on to himself - paying that many women to come to his fancy hotel room - from around the country, who were not even certified, licenses massotherapists. I don't care what he did, I care that the stupidass browns brought him on board, with a giant historical guaranteed contract and all those draft picks.......I hope he gets suspended for two years. Maybe even ten. lol

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

If he was guilty, I wonder why he "wasn't indicted".. 

The standard for evidence at the grand jury stage is to assume everything presented is 100% true.  And even with that they got nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 5150k9 said:

Im in no way saying he is innocent, but if they couldn't indict in a grand jury you have to believe that there was no evidence or very little of any criminal acts.

Which begs the question, if he’s innocent what is the compelling factor to settle out of court?

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m normally even keeled but Sorry you have no clue 

66 women and the Non Disclosure Agreements should be your first clue.

If this sounds normal to you, then I’m not the only clueless individual on this board.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

If he was guilty, I wonder why he "wasn't indicted".. 

The standard for evidence at the grand jury stage is to assume everything presented is 100% true.  And even with that they got nothing.

Again, if he’s innocent…why pay up? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Again, if he’s innocent…why pay up? 🤔

I'm in the camp that a majority of these accusations are probably a money grab. But the fact that Watson settled doesn't help his case, suspension-wise. 

Looks like it's the Jacoby show this season.

• Upvote 2

On 6/20/2022 at 7:36 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Here's my prediction:

He gets suspended for the entire season, the union gets it knocked down to 8 games. 

Which is what most of us expected when they signed him the day after St. Pats Day. 

Probably but eight games is almost a free pass for the number of counts especially considering what other players and celebrities have gotten for far less.

And unless he's learned to keep his dick in his jock there are probably literally thousands a massage therapists of every stripe and investigative reporters looking to hit a gold mine.

WSS 

20 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Here's my prediction:

He gets suspended for the entire season, the union gets it knocked down to 8 games. 

Which is what most of us expected when they signed him the day after St. Pats Day. 

To reiterate mine: he gets a slap on the wrist. 2-4 games MAX. Anything close to the season, and he sues the NFL for all they got. 

Criminal cases thrown out. 20 civil cases already settled, the details of which go under wraps. The NFL has got no evidence other than DW's own testimony to suspend him on, so they've got nothing. The media's thirst for blood will be their undoing, and your public relations nightmares are your own.

Looks like Browns fans will get to see a loaded roster perform with a top 5 QB in his prime under center. Go (to the Superbowl) Browns!

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Probably but eight games is almost a free pass for the number of counts especially considering what other players and celebrities wave gotten for far less.

And unless he's learned to keep his dick in his jock there are probably literally thousands a massage therapists of every stripe and investigative reporters looking to hit a gold mine.

WSS 

Yeah, Watson is going to have to learn there's things you can't do when you're getting a massage. He may even have to go the route that's SOP in hospital ERs when someone comes in claiming that they've been raped.. There's always a second person in the room when they conduct the exam. 

PS I'm betting 8 games too Steve. The player's association is for sure going to bring up naughty Bob Kraft getting off with zero consequences.    

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, Watson is going to have to learn there's things you can't do when you're getting a massage. He may even have to go the route that's SOP in hospital ERs when someone comes in claiming that they've been raped.. There's always a second person in the room when they conduct the exam. 

PS I'm betting 8 games too Steve. The player's association is for sure going to bring up naughty Bob Kraft getting off with zero consequences.    

Lots of people hate Bob Kraft because the Patriots are so successful, sour grapes you understand. But Kraft went to a place that was basically a whorehouse.

A good chance those or at least many of the massage therapists were basically hookers but you would have to bet did at least a good portion of them were not.

Did anyone file a complaint against Bob Kraft?

WSS

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Which begs the question, if he’s innocent what is the compelling factor to settle out of court?

Because those court cases could drag on for years.. Watson can claim he's "innocent" but there's plenty of claims by more than one woman stuff went on that was way more than what would be considered a "normal" massage.  

It's like having 24 annoying mosquitos pestering you. He just paid 20 of them to go away.  Doesn't make it any less sleazy, but it was the smart thing to do. It won't shock me at all if the other 4 magically disappear when Deshaun meets their asking price.  

41 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Lots of people hate Bob Kraft because the Patriots are so successful, sour grapes you understand. But Kraft went to a place that was basically a whorehouse.

A good chance those or at least many of the massage therapists were basically hookers but you would have to bet did at least a good portion of them were not.

Did anyone file a complaint against Bob Kraft?

WSS

No because Kraft helped make GOD-ell a very rich man...

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I'd bet that the Browns might have made a suggestion or two along the way.  Like, can't ya do something get this settled so it can start to go away?  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'd bet that the Browns might have made a suggestion or two along the way.  Like, can't ya do something get this settled so it can start to go away?  

I think you’re correct, but then again the Browns “supposedly” did their homework on Watson.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Exactamundo Steve. The reports were some of these ahem, "masseuses" were paid as little as $100 bucks. We probably will never know what they're getting out of this settlement, but you can bet the ranch it's way more than $100. Add a few more zeroes on- at least. 

The remaining four holdouts are undoubtedly asking for more. Whether it will ever make it to court will depend on their asking price to make their hurt feelings better. As you opined, they're taking a risk that they could wind up with nothing.  

Most of them were not professional maseusses... Sound like they were paid hookers to me...

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Because those court cases could drag on for years.. Watson can claim he's "innocent" but there's plenty of claims by more than one woman stuff went on that was way more than what would be considered a "normal" massage.  

It's like having 24 annoying mosquitos pestering you. He just paid 20 of them to go away.  Doesn't make it any less sleazy, but it was the smart thing to do. It won't shock me at all if the other 4 magically disappear when Deshaun meets their asking price.  

Someone will put out a tell all book... Count on it... These bitches aren't done by a long shot...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

So the cases were only worth 50-75k? 

Plantiffs attorney throws a tantrum and rounds up more “victims” after the criminal cases failed.

Read between the lines folks 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1