THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Talk

Adoug319

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He got more than half of his total sacks for this year against a punching bag. If he shows out well against LSU then I will gladly apologize for understating the importance of the big game against a C-USA opponent.

And again, he was hurt. If it's so easy, why aren't any other elite prospects doing it all the time?

We cant draft guys anymore that need more than half a season of development. We dont develop talent in cleveland. They have to come ready.

oh like players that we draft and have them switch positions

what I would like to see Draft in the position where we are at fucking tired of us trading around

Watching Mitch vs Miami from this season...

I'm starting to like Mitch. Please somebody book mark this for Cal's reference later.

edit: I'd also like to say I"m in the market for a big, chain moving running back. Crow and Duke are decent enough but even being 220 I don't see the Crow as the punishing runner Hue wants

for a power game between the tackles. I'm not saying get me a short yardage back, but somebody who in the middle rounds that can come in and smack a linebacker on an iso.

Watching Mitch vs Miami from this season...

I'm starting to like Mitch. Please somebody book mark this for Cal's reference later.

edit: I'd also like to say I"m in the market for a big, chain moving running back. Crow and Duke are decent enough but even being 220 I don't see the Crow as the punishing runner Hue wants

for a power game between the tackles. I'm not saying get me a short yardage back, but somebody who in the middle rounds that can come in and smack a linebacker on an iso.

James Conner from Pitt? Big fella who can catch the ball.

Jason La Canfora (the eternal douche bag), just had a little article saying the Browns organization is completely in love with Mitch Trubisky. I don't have the link, but it won't be hard to find. Wouldn't surprise me if we took Mitch with the first pick, or whatever pick we have (it'll be the first, LOL). I want BPA...but who says it wouldn't be this guy? Mitch completed 11-20 passes for 184 yards and 3 tds with 0 picks this weekend against a bad Citadel team. Not great completion %, but otherwise he played well. He also had 55 yards rushing, so he's obviously somewhat mobile. You remember mobile, right?

Not seeing it with Mitch. At least, not seeing the kind of come in and turn this franchise right around kind of level of play you want from a number 1 pick.

There are very few #1overall picks in the last 20 years that had the ability to do that. The ones that did usually had some talent around them.

Finished fine combing Mitch vs Miami. Physically - 6'3,225. Reminds me of Romo not only in his build, but his release. His Windup isn't 'slow' but it isn't super fast. His motion forward is compact and his elbow doesn't drop windmill style. Still his delivery is only 3/4 over the top. Has a strong arm, ball arrives with sauce to spare. Reasonably accurate with good consistency and solid footwork. Between his ears, makes pretty decisive decisions, times when he shows good anticipation and times when he waits for the receiver to get open but he isn't late with the ball. Mainly because it comes firing out of a shotgun. I actually see a QB working on progressions and showing the ability to hold the safety down the middle.

Mitch had my curiosity, now he has my attention. More so than Kizer or Watson.

edit: Maaaay have to reel it in from time to time. He has good enough touch but even the underneath stuff arrives hot. He's not Weeden by no means though.

Better pocket presence, feet sliding and drifting away from pressure than any QB I've watched so far.

Not seeing it with Mitch. At least, not seeing the kind of come in and turn this franchise right around kind of level of play you want from a number 1 pick.

Again, I see a better prospect now than either Wentz or Goff were last year. If they were "good enough" for 1 and 2 overall....so is Tribisky.

Beyond that....as a prime prospect, and as a local kid, this FO may say that the enthusiasm that will be engendered for him among the locals....along with his talent, will make him their top target. And why not.

Bernie Kosar part two.

I like Mitch, but keeping it real we're more than just a QB away from being a competitive team.

As Mud said, there isn't a spot on this team that could't stand an upgrade.

And primary among the need to upgrade is the QB. Kessler/McCown/RG/Hogan. Nyet. But, yea, the QB and 10 ten other spots.

Two offensive linemen. Two DBs. Two pass rushers. An LB or two. We need about 8 first round picks.

I say go for it. Take trunisky and for the love of god dont put him out there till our line is fixed. Ideally id like to take trunisky and an OL in the first round. Defensively theres really no one out there that makes me drool so use the two first rounders on a stud OL and a qb.

I thought Allan and Garrett and others were supposed to give us a hard on....no?

I like Mitch, but keeping it real we're more than just a QB away from being a competitive team.

As Mud said, there isn't a spot on this team that could't stand an upgrade.

LT, LG, WR1, WR2, DT, ROLB, ILB.

There's 7.

I'd also venture to say that we can probably get along with our current CB1, LE, TE, RB, RG, other ILB, and LOLB.

Now that's 14.

There are positions that are still up in the air due to injury, like LOLB, RG, and RT that conceivably could be addressed but we weren't necessarily bad off when we had our legitimate starters there. Getting Orchard back will hopefully improve the LOLB play, while a combo of Greco, Pasztor and Reiter should hopefully shore up the right side of the line.

Our absolutely, positively, can't miss, need help here spots are FS, SS, CB2, QB and C. We have to come away with new starters at those positions, via either the draft or FA.

That's not nearly as daunting of a list as "every player needs to be replaced".

LT, LG, WR1, WR2, DT, ROLB, ILB.

There's 7.

I'd also venture to say that we can probably get along with our current CB1, LE, TE, RB, RG, other ILB, and LOLB.

Now that's 14.

There are positions that are still up in the air due to injury, like LOLB, RG, and RT that conceivably could be addressed but we weren't necessarily bad off when we had our legitimate starters there. Getting Orchard back will hopefully improve the LOLB play, while a combo of Greco, Pasztor and Reiter should hopefully shore up the right side of the line.

Our absolutely, positively, can't miss, need help here spots are FS, SS, CB2, QB and C. We have to come away with new starters at those positions, via either the draft or FA.

That's not nearly as daunting of a list as "every player needs to be replaced".

I made a post on this the other week, and came out with about 8 starters required. Something like: CB2, CB3, SS, FS, DE, C, QB, TE2, something like that - about 7 or 8 positions where we're lacking 'starter level' talent. I think I had edge rusher as a need as well, but it depends on how you view the combination of Ogbah, Orchard, Collins (if he stays) and Nassib (in 43 fronts).

Point being, I came up with a similar number of 'must upgrades' for the offseason. That'd be 4 top 50 picks as it stands, plus a couple of FA guys, and retaining everyone.

Id agree with those positions. I'm going to rip through my perfect offseason in a bit and see what we can address in FA as well as the draft.

Id agree with those positions. I'm going to rip through my perfect offseason in a bit and see what we can address in FA as well as the draft.

There's some positions where our need really doesn't correspond with availability of solid starters in free agency. Center for example, basically nobody. Free Safety - unless we sign Eric Berry in some shocking move, there's again not much going on. QB it's a given that we're not going to get our guy.

I thought Allan and Garrett and others were supposed to give us a hard on....no?

I like em but not over an Ol and a qb. Those problems are too immediate and glaring. If theres a stud tackle prospect we have to get him for RT and then move him to LT when thomas retires. This deficiency has to be adressed "right fucking now" or we're never going to solve the qb issue....ever

His snap command early on in the season worried me. I'm not enough of a homer to over look that. I presume you've seen better control as the season has progressed?

Snap Command?

First time I have focused on him, tia...

JJ is an exception for his size as he is a freak combination of speed and strength.

... and quickness. His quick twitch/ strength combo out of the same set of muscles is what makes him so very special.

In college? Dude clowneys best tape is when ghosted around OL. They wouldnt get a hand on him. That and his speed is what had scouts salivating

Reads like a Mingo scouting report...

Archived