THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker to Carolina

ATOM

On 7/14/2022 at 3:08 PM, nickers said:

My point being... Even with an Elite QB... It does NOT guarantee SB victories...

True.  But our Danny boy was an exceptional quarterback (even better with the Marks brothers)  and he doesn't guarantee a SB just like having an OK quarterback on an excellent team can still occasionally sneak one. 

When anyone says .... "but how many SB Rings does Marino have".... you should include or substitute Kelly,  Fouts or others have.

Without getting into minutiae about Marino and other like quarterbacks into boredom.      -_-

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

True.  But our Danny boy was an exceptional quarterback (even better with the Marks brothers)  and he doesn't guarantee a SB just like having an OK quarterback on an excellent team can still occasionally sneak one. 

When anyone says .... "but how many SB Rings does Marino have".... you should include or substitute Kelly,  Fouts or others have.

Without getting into minutiae about Marino and other like quarterbacks into boredom.      -_-

I get that.. I'm just saying... Theres a bunch of Numbskulls printing SB tickets and this POS hasn't taken one snap for us... Ya know.. It's cool to be enthusiastic and all..  I just wish people would temper that with some plain ol' common sense...

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, nickers said:

I get that.. I'm just saying... Theres a bunch of Numbskulls printing SB tickets and this POS hasn't taken one snap for us... Ya know.. It's cool to be enthusiastic and all..  I just wish people would temper that with some plain ol' common sense...

Right!

I think we still have a couple of weaknesses on the team. One being the interior of the DL, and the other being the Head Coach.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, nickers said:

Right again,  no new quarterback addition is a guarantee of a super bowl invitation any more than we and a large bunch of sports writers thought that the Cleveland Browns were a super bowl favorite in Mayfield's second year.

Same thing they including I was sure they had a SB shot not a 6-10 season ahead. 

And Watson may lose (suspended)  games and also if/when he ever hits the field still is carrying a boat  load of dirty laundry with him.  How it will affects his and the team's performance nobody knows yet.

Will this just blow over I hope so. Any guarantee of DW's performance........none......absolutely none.  We all jall just have to wait and see.   2022 probably not.   2023 who knows. 

GO BROWNS,  they still have a good team.  

Edited by mjp28

7 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Right!

I think we still have a couple of weaknesses on the team. One being the interior of the DL, and the other being the Head Coach.

And Ownership... THEY SUCK!

18 hours ago, Orion said:

Back then I was a Camaro guy.  And quite poor.  I had a 6 cyl camaro, '69 I think, I'd go to the gas station to check the gas and fill the oil.  :)  Burned and leaked the stuff.  But I DID land a '72 Camaro that didn't have good paint but was pretty nice everywhere else, including the 350 V8.  

I always respected the vette back then as the American sports car icon that it was.  It was (and is) a staple at LeMans.  But the pencil thinness of it never really appealed to me.  Fast forward to the C5.  A wider stance.  Made all the difference IMO.  And it's stayed that way. 

Now, they're trying to be a European supercar.  A little too over the top.  They haven't ruined it....but....gimme those symbolic 4 round tail lights any ol' day of the week.

Oh go drift your Impreza.  :)

Like this C3, not in my Corvette Orange that I had but .....nice !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    ❤️.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh this Baker to Carolina thread is turning into a classic guitars and cars one.

Partly what happens during the ....dreaded football dead zone.... from after the draft until real football begins again around the end of July to August 4 this year the HOF game......JUST 20 DAYS AWAY !.......

■  SO EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS   NO   FIGHTING OR GAY STUFF.■.......     I guess we better move the Les Paul's and classic Corvette beautiful pictures to the  BARBER SHOP FORUM.

And before they get lost forever.   mjp

55f99c5d1a94089a94d95d5a9a0c1348-1 (1).jpg

Edited by mjp28

........ SEE YOU ALL OVER THERE ........

REMEMBER PRESEASON FOOTBALL STARTS IN JUST      -20-      MORE DAYS !   CAN'T WAIT  !

GO BROWNS  !

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Right!

Ya, quick let's go through another head coach. That's always worked out peachy keen.😱

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Over the hill gang cars, lol.

And the car she'll never let me have despite the fact it has the highest crash scores out there. I like the RF version with the fold in hard top. The ole lady is the one over the hill, not me.🤠

https://www.caranddriver.com/mazda/mx-5-miata

On 7/14/2022 at 6:46 PM, mjp28 said:

Oh yes, nothing like a vette.  My '75 C3 in Corvette Orange.

1975_chevrolet_corvette_16022432328a42a7ce4081975-Corvette-L-82-79.jpg

fan should have stopped at buying a jersey ? 

download.jpg.dddfde80bd66a4ef6ed97181b57657c3.jpg  download.jpg.3aeb10ee419fd0bb70e48165e248e3b5.jpg  download.jpg.0eb8fee55805f06a80e409c85d696ecc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ya, quick let's go through another head coach. That's always worked out peachy keen.😱

Shitpantski B L O W S!

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But my point was if we go through another so quickly, then how the hell does anyone expect a decent coach would even consider the Browns?

Define “decent coach”.

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well this one at least got us a playoff win. Do you think we would find another to go beyond that?

I started to question Stefanski’s play calling during the second Steelers game last year.

He decided to get our hobbled QB sacked 9 times during the game, while abandoning the running game….against the worst run defense in the NFL.

Try to circle that square.

• Thanks 1

It is tough comparing stats from 20 and 40 years ago. The thought processes of the game have changed. The offenses have changed. The protection of the QB have changed. 

I believe Baker should forever have a special place in the hearts of Browns' fans. He helped get the Browns back to playoff status. The high expectations of build now, win now have reached the NFL. Instant Conference Championships are expected; no more four year windows. I believe he reached his potential. 

Baker's weaknesses are significant. When it absolutely had to be done, most of the time it did not happen. He did not rise to the occasion in high pressure situations. Plus, the way the season unfolded last year did not help.

After Week 5, many were thinking, the Browns were 2 plays, and a horrible DPI away from being 5-0 and considered the best team in the AFC. After Week 9, many were still thinking, 5-4 the ship has been righted, favorable second half schedule, win the Division, get a home playoff game, maybe two and take what's ours!

The next month was a disaster. Getting drubbed by New England. Eeking out the win vs the Lions. Playing like garbage in Baltimore and still feeling the game should have been won. Then barely beating Baltimore but trying to be optimistic because a win vs the Raiders would be two in a row, 8-6, finish strong and win the Division. 

Instead, they piss away the Raider game, are at .500 and having to go to GB and Pittsburgh.

I felt, after the Packer game, exactly how I felt after the first Ravens game. The big play can't be made, the comeback drive can't be put together and there was still a chance to win.

There was never really a point in the season, where the hounds could be called off, the season could be cashed in and the decision could be made to get Baker surgery and prepare for 2022. I do not remember the tie-breakers needed to the inside straight but there was still a slim playoff chance going into Week 18.

The Front Office fumbled this thing horribly and the lack of vetting the entire Watson situation is apparent. I'm no Baker fan boy, but he brought a level of long term excitement that Browns fans had no felt in 25 years, if only for a short period of time. His mouth and his antics write checks that his abilities cannot cash. 

I'll only root for him when the Browns need his opponent to lose, but I do think he has earned a quick standing ovation from the Browns fans in Carolina in Week 1.
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I started to question Stefanski’s play calling during the second Steelers game last year.

He decided to get our hobbled QB sacked 9 times during the game, while abandoning the running game….against the worst run defense in the NFL.

I understand all that but the question still remains, who will come to Jimmy's revolving door that is the Browns?

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I understand all that but the question still remains, who will come to Jimmy's revolving door that is the Browns?

The HC position in the NFL is a very lucrative one.

Who would coach the Browns?

I would say plenty of aspiring OC and DC’s alike.

BTW, there’s plenty of teams that have a revolving door at the HC position…Raiders, Giants, Commanders, Jets all come to mind.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

BTW, there’s plenty of teams that have a revolving door at the HC position…Raiders, Giants, Commanders, Jets all come to mind.

I think you just made my case for me. Look how good those teams are.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

There aren’t many HC’s that get to stay for a long time, that list is longer than the Pete Carroll’s and Bill Belichiks in the NFL.

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well this one at least got us a playoff win. Do you think we would find another to go beyond that?

And I just remembered, Stefanski wasn’t even on the sidelines at Heinz Field when the Browns won that playoff game. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

That's why teams hire to fire guys like Hue less the Clueless...  

19 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

How so?

You said:

21 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

No one wanting to come to a team with a revolving door of head coaches is kind of like saying "no one goes to that restaurant, it's always too crowded." -Yogi B.

5 hours ago, FY56 said:

How so? How so is evident by how poor those teams are.

You said:

No one wanting to come to a team with a revolving door of head coaches is kind of like saying "no one goes to that restaurant, it's always too crowded." -Yogi B.

Oh, someone will  come, but will they be any better? I actually like the the way the team is being coached by some high quality assistants and yeah Shitfanski makes mistakes, but I think that this team of coaches has the freedom to help him correct them. They are not dealing with my way is the only way clueless hueless.

On 7/15/2022 at 5:03 PM, mjp28 said:

........ SEE YOU ALL OVER THERE ........

REMEMBER PRESEASON FOOTBALL STARTS IN JUST     -18-      MORE DAYS !   CAN'T WAIT  !

GO BROWNS  !

Revised, can't wait until the HOF game with the JAX and someone play I'm Canton,  Ohio.    (They could have picked better teams.  :lol: )

........ we might bump this into it's own thread, today.   And JAX vs LVR. eh, but I will watch some.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:53 AM, Canton Dawg said:

Yes...there are a lot of things that wreak of Stefanski sabotaging Mayfield last season....especially not pulling him out with the shoulder injury. What HC let's the qb decide if he can play with a serious injury? Even so, I'm not ready to fire him yet. I still believe he can be a very good HC. I'm weary of trying to remember who our HC is every season.

Edited by lodilobo
punctuation

50 minutes ago, lodilobo said:
On 7/16/2022 at 7:53 AM, Canton Dawg said:

Yes...there are a lot of things that wreak of Stefanski sabotaging Mayfield last season....especially not pulling him out with the shoulder injury. What HC let's the qb decide if he can play with a serious injury?

Umm...just to be clear...Mayfield was the starting QB, and a #1 overall pick to boot.  If the MEDICAL TEAM says he's cleared to play...and the player says he's ok to play...and he practices during the week...and you, as the HC, sit him and play the backup...then....what are you gonna give as a reason?   The backup is the better QB?  Remember, you can't say that it's because he's hurt...because he's been medically cleared to play.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Umm...just to be clear...Mayfield was the starting QB, and a #1 overall pick to boot.  If the MEDICAL TEAM says he's cleared to play...and the player says he's ok to play...and he practices during the week...and you, as the HC, sit him and play the backup...then....what are you gonna give as a reason?   The backup is the better QB?  Remember, you can't say that it's because he's hurt...because he's been medically cleared to play.

Obviously, the backup should not have been the backup if he should never play.

"medically cleared" doesn't mean should play. His performance was, of course, compromised by his injury. Admirable for Baker, looks moronic for stephanski, who apparently?, was not smart enough to refigure a game plan/play calling to adapt to the backup qb.

just stupid.

41 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Obviously, the backup should not have been the backup if he should never play.

"medically cleared" doesn't mean should play. His performance was, of course, compromised by his injury. Admirable for Baker, looks moronic for stephanski, who apparently?, was not smart enough to refigure a game plan/play calling to adapt to the backup qb.

just stupid.

Stephanski went 2-0 with the backup QB Case Keenum starting.

A swing and a miss. 

Perhaps you can find a four year old article to further make your point.