THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker to Carolina

ATOM

2 hours ago, Orion said:

You Axed for it.  :)   Sparkling Burgundy, mahogany body & neck, ebony fretboard, Grover Rotomatic locking tuners, Burstbuster Pro & Burstbuster Pro Plus, mother of pearl inlays, sculpted neckjoint, push/pull pots, Donaldson Blackwing intake, drilled and slotted rotors...oh wait, some of that is my car.  :)

I just put it down (again) a few minutes ago.  I've been trying to decide which pickups to put in.  Seymour Duncan Seth Lover, Pearly Gates, '59's, Antiquities I'd love but they don't come in 4 wire.  But every time I play it I'm thinking to myself, WTH is wrong with 'these' pickups?  And the answer is, Nothing.  They sound freakin' great (to my ear anyhow).

Les Paul Modern dual - m.png

I'm a Seymour Duncan guy... Always hated DiMarzios.. I have Hot Rails, SH-6 Duncan Distortions...Cool rails and a P-Rails Hot pickup in my red Fender Strat.. The Epiphone Pro Buckers are really good... Lollar makes fantastic humbuckers... For my money... I agree w/Axe.. the Duncan JB humbucker is still the king in my book.. it's next on the hit list...That Paul is sweet lookin.. And if your looking for the Eddie sound... You can get Mighty Mites  Ed used those a lot.. Then Seymour Duncan designed a pickup for Ed.But Ed never used it... It's basically what the Seymour Duncan  Custom Custom pickup is... And yes it's called Custom Custom... Neal Schon uses them...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Riffer X said:

Whatever Peen, this board has devolved so badly that real football talk takes a back seat to ridiculous semantic bullshit like this. It's pathetic.

Maybe I misread your comment.  I wasn't saying that as a put down to you.

~  WHOA,  Orion, Axe, nickers ~

Very nice pictures guys,  some nice guitars there.  And to think way back when circa late 1960s I choose momotorcycles and cars (now long gone) instead of instruments for about 10+ years. 

Guys down the street got a lot of guitars   🎸  and other musical  stuff now collector's in nature.

Very nice.   ;)

.......edit add,  I'd take pictures and video cloud storage for insurance and other collector's  reasons and have them properly identified if you have not already done so.  Ive gone through my house (finally)  and done so.   And don't forget the little things. 

A guy in the locker next to mine down the mill had a fire upstairs and some friends house and apartment fires lost a LOT then got burned again by their insurance companies.  Just a tip guys. Many renters don't insure it's not that expensive compared to a leather jacket collections (one friend).

Sorry about the money chat,  NICE guitars guys

Again very nice pictures. 

• Thanks 1

(Just a footnote.)   I read your posts again, quite detailed you guys know your stuff.

My friend down the mill had a strange fire in his house, by the time the VFD got there he lost the upstairs plus smoke/water damage.   The insurance wrote all of his nice leather jackets and clothes off as "old clothes ".  he got screwed.

My renter friends lost everything,  no insurance.  The landlord then sued them for the total fire damage to that old dump, they went bankrupt.   Get replacement cost on your insurance  especially on your fine guitars. 

Oh just remembered my brother got smoke/water damage in the 1970s.  Just started a new job in Mississippi (why no idea) but he rented from his new boss,  second week had a fire in a shed attached to the house  lost everything clothes,  etc.  No insurance. 

i do know a lot about this stuff if you're interested,  i was offered jobs by 4 top insurance companies in the 1970s when i lost my mill jobs.....BTW I did turn them all down. 

Fire, theft, auto, liability, blanket coverage not that much more for an umbrella policy.  Don't know what that is ?  Check it out.   We'll it's 6:30 am, school's out.  LOL.  :lol:

10 hours ago, Axe said:

Pics or it didn't happen 😉

Good statement,  talk can be cheap. Proof can be "priceless ".   

Especially here on TBB  chat by the bucket load.   :lol:

21 hours ago, Riffer X said:

Whatever Peen, this board has devolved so badly that real football talk takes a back seat to ridiculous semantic bullshit like this. It's pathetic. 

7/14/22 - Do remember too that since the 2022 NFL Draft  through the first  NFL HOF preseason game  Thursday August 4 it is the ultimate dead zone for football.  

PLUS the other dead, dead zone the never ending D. Watson soap opera maybe the worst ever in Cleveland Browns football history.  Worse than JFF and 0-16 put together. 

What can any BROWNS fan expect ?

i for one can't freaking wait for the pitiful Jags to play the Raiders  plus the enshrinement plus anything like real football related to try to get away from this crap for 15 minutes. 

GO BROWNS  !    GO BUCKEYES  !  and  GO ANYTHING ELSE REAL FOOTBALL RELATED. 

Give us a freaking break already.   Thank you.   :)

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

so what.

this article is not 4 years old. 2020. I'm sure you are a hot shot subscriber....

Aug 19, 2020Njoku dropped just 3 of 35 catchable passes in 2017, according to Pro Football Focus. That gave him a drop rate of 8.6, 21st among qualifying tight ends. But that drop rate ballooned the next year ...

Jesus Christ, man. That article isn't even during or after the 2020 season.  You aren't using, at minimum, 2 recent seasons of data and film. 

David's steady, yet unspectacular improvement is a great thing for this team.  He's one of the more athletic and promising young "modern" TE's in the NFL who has played on an offense that hasn't given him a ton of volume.  And volume isn't the issue, so much as it would be talent. 

-His blocking has come a long way.  -  His technique has come a long way. 

- His drop rate has decreased every season, including the previous with more targets than almost all past years.  

I'll bookmark it and we'll revisit at midseason.   Until then, enjoy the content I post.

20 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

A4C3392D-B479-46E3-80C7-1E68D234CDC4.jpeg

So you didn't even do me the kindness of reading my full post before you started responding.  Otherwise that bolded bit with the Manning part wouldn't have needed to exist. 

Look, division means nothing, ability does. By this same "logic", you wouldn't have liked a trade for JJ Watt because he played in the AFCS. It was a dumb parallel, and it isn't beneath you to just say something like "good point(s), I'll think about it.

47 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Jesus Christ, man. That article isn't even during or after the 2020 season. .....

- His drop rate has decreased every season, including the previous with more targets than almost all past years.  

I'll bookmark it and we'll revisit at midseason.   Until then, enjoy the content I post.

Hey tia and anyone else even interested in documentation of data anywhere here's a tip.  ( Baker to Carolina 7/14/22 )

1. Go to one of those "free notepad"  type sites, quick and easy download and use it for a specific purpose or purposes, for example i use some for recipes only..  Briefly look around for features you like.  

2. Copy & paste articles,  subject,  date, etc.  When you fill one up or its full enough  tag it.  Periodically look it over and copy a few to another new free notepad  or just delete. 

3. In time any articles worth keeping can then be transferred to a cloud for more permanent storage.   HUGE storages can be free or reasonably inexpensive. 

4. In time set up your own system.  In a year or two you'd be surprised how organized you can become.

I also use this for some interesting personal files that you don't want to lose.  Just an idea of getting your bookmark and notes organized.    I like mine now.   :)

I might copy this note......... [ Oh, edit, c&p, done......and REMEMBER TO HIT SAVE ! ]

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Orion said:

You Axed for it.  :)   Sparkling Burgundy, mahogany body & neck, ebony fretboard, Grover Rotomatic locking tuners, Burstbuster Pro & Burstbuster Pro Plus, mother of pearl inlays, sculpted neckjoint, push/pull pots, Donaldson Blackwing intake, drilled and slotted rotors...oh wait, some of that is my car.  :)

I just put it down (again) a few minutes ago.  I've been trying to decide which pickups to put in.  Seymour Duncan Seth Lover, Pearly Gates, '59's, Antiquities I'd love but they don't come in 4 wire.  But every time I play it I'm thinking to myself, WTH is wrong with 'these' pickups?  And the answer is, Nothing.  They sound freakin' great (to my ear anyhow).

Les Paul Modern dual - m.png

Where are the pics of the vette?

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

So you didn't even do me the kindness of reading my full post before you started responding.  Otherwise that bolded bit with the Manning part wouldn't have needed to exist. 

Look, division means nothing, ability does. By this same "logic", you wouldn't have liked a trade for JJ Watt because he played in the AFCS. It was a dumb parallel, and it isn't beneath you to just say something like "good point(s), I'll think about it.

I replied to your quoted post, then worked my way down…so shoot me.

To use your famous line, we’re going to bookmark this post and revisit it when DW leads us to the first of many Super Bowl appearances.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/13/2022 at 9:20 AM, Unsympathetic said:

Unless and until you look at the other option -- and make no mistake there's only 2.

Keep Baker as the starting QB and you have exactly 0% chance of making the SB.  Winning a SB? Less than 0.  But that failure.. is guaranteed!

Dumbest post I've read lately.. How many SB's did Dan Marino win?

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Dumbest post I've read lately.. How many SB's did Dan Marino win?

Marino was an anomaly with the Mark's Brothers running up those ungodly numbers there are other reasons why Marino  only had one good shot versus Super Joe Cool Montana. 

Remember the commercial with Marino and Montana at the vending machine and Montana said  "you can get the next one"  or close to that ?  It never came about.  Montana got those opportunities. 

Instead of Marino and SB Rings it should be Kelly, Fouts and the others wh9 should have to answer that question. 

......... " Montana and Marino went toe-to-toe in Super Bowl XIX,with the 49ers earning a 38-16 victory to hoist the Lombardi Trophy. Marino went on to put up historic numbers for that era but never won the big one, while Montana went 4-0 in the big game and took home Super Bowl MVP honors three times. " .........

~And~

....... "With the 49ers and Dolphins set to play Sunday at Levi's Stadium, Montana thought it would be a good time to zing his old rival with a tweet featuring an old Diet Pepsi commercial both starred in. In the commercial, Montana buys Marino a soda and the Dolphins gunslinger vows to get the next round the following year.

That apparently never happened." .........
Edited by mjp28

29 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Marino was an anomaly with the Mark's Brothers running up those ungodly numbers there are other reasons why Marino  only had one good shot versus Super Joe Cool Montana. 

Remember the commercial with Marino and Montana at the vending machine and Montana said  "you can get the next one"  or close to that ?  It never came about.  Montana got those opportunities. 

Instead of Marino and SB Rings it should be Kelly, Fouts and the others wh9 should have to answer that question. 

......... " Montana and Marino went toe-to-toe in Super Bowl XIX,with the 49ers earning a 38-16 victory to hoist the Lombardi Trophy. Marino went on to put up historic numbers for that era but never won the big one, while Montana went 4-0 in the big game and took home Super Bowl MVP honors three times. " .........

~And~

....... "With the 49ers and Dolphins set to play Sunday at Levi's Stadium, Montana thought it would be a good time to zing his old rival with a tweet featuring an old Diet Pepsi commercial both starred in. In the commercial, Montana buys Marino a soda and the Dolphins gunslinger vows to get the next round the following year.

That apparently never happened." .........

My point being... Even with an Elite QB... It does NOT guarantee SB victories...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nickers said:

My point being... Even with an Elite QB... It does NOT guarantee SB victories...

Of course nickers... Mahomes and Rodgers failed last year...  All time, Kelly, Marino, and Fouts never won...  

As I always say... "it's better to be lucky than good".  Just ask guys like Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypen and a few other so-so qbs.  

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Of course nickers... Mahomes and Rodgers failed last year...  All time, Kelly, Marino, and Fouts never won...  

As I always say... "it's better to be lucky than good".  Just ask guys like Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypen and a few other so-so qbs.  

Using the word "logic" and nickers together is pretty much an exercise of futility, but following his line of thinking, the Browns should never bother drafting, signing or trading for a Hall of Fame Left Tackle again because Joe Thomas never won a Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Over the hill gang cars, lol.

Oh yeah old, beat up and bad azz like us !

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

My '75 C3 in Corvette Orange.

Back then I was a Camaro guy.  And quite poor.  I had a 6 cyl camaro, '69 I think, I'd go to the gas station to check the gas and fill the oil.  :)  Burned and leaked the stuff.  But I DID land a '72 Camaro that didn't have good paint but was pretty nice everywhere else, including the 350 V8.  

I always respected the vette back then as the American sports car icon that it was.  It was (and is) a staple at LeMans.  But the pencil thinness of it never really appealed to me.  Fast forward to the C5.  A wider stance.  Made all the difference IMO.  And it's stayed that way. 

Now, they're trying to be a European supercar.  A little too over the top.  They haven't ruined it....but....gimme those symbolic 4 round tail lights any ol' day of the week.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Over the hill gang cars, lol.

Oh go drift your Impreza.  :)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Using the word "logic" and nickers together is pretty much an exercise of futility, but following his line of thinking, the Browns should never bother drafting, signing or trading for a Hall of Fame Left Tackle again because Joe Thomas never won a Super Bowl. 

And you should never post....  You're a classless hillbilly POS churl..

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2022 at 9:20 AM, Unsympathetic said:

Unless and until you look at the other option -- and make no mistake there's only 2.

Keep Baker as the starting QB and you have exactly 0% chance of making the SB.  Winning a SB? Less than 0.  But that failure.. is guaranteed!

0% chance? That is illogical. Did you think 0% when he beat Pitt in the playoffs and almost beat KC?

It's absurd to suggest that Baker has a 0% chance of making it to a SB when you consider all the mediocre QB's that have.

• Upvote 2

On 7/13/2022 at 3:01 PM, Canton Dawg said:

That’s pretty much my take.

I can hold my nose and root for Watson, but what I can’t get over is the price Jimmah paid for him.

That and the unwanted drama to come. Instead of building upon the respectability we have gained we've gone and destroyed it.

Rather than Browns football being the focus among the media talking heads this coming season, it gonna be about the pervert we signed and the price we paid. You watch.

Prior to Watson being signed it was noted among media circles that whoever signs this guy will be met with great scrutiny. Lo and behold it ended up being us. What a surprise. 

We better damn well get a SB out of this. I expect it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Axe said:

I'll start a thread in the barber Shop today 🤘😎🤘

Thanks.   Was nice of the mods to let us go off on this tangent for a while.  Since it's July...

• Like 1