THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker to Carolina

ATOM

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

FWIW Nicks, Matt Hasslebeck led the Seahawks to a Super Bowl vrs Pittsburgh.  That was one of the worst officiated Super Bowls I have ever seen. 

Unfortunately, the network got their their dreamy story book ending with Jerome Bettis ending his career and riding off into the Detroit sunset with a Super Bowl Championship just a few blocks away from his parents' house (that he grew up in).

Tom I was so pissed at the "No calls" the stools got away with and hurled my phone half way cross the room...

Thank God it didn't break... That first Samsung I had was a little work horse!

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, nickers said:

Tom I was so pissed at the "No calls" the stools got away with and hurled my phone half way cross the room...

Thank God it didn't break... That first Samsung I had was a little work horse!

That play where Pitt's DE/OLB jumped offsides which everyone on the planet saw but the Line Judge and Linesman only to see Seattle's Tackle busted for holding on that edge rusher was brutal.  It nullified a completed pass that would have set Seattle up with something like a 1st and goal at the 2 yard line for Shaun Alexander to run behind Hutchinson and Walter Jones (both in the NFL HOF today).  Now Seattle got pushed back and Hasselbeck threw an INT on the very next play.

Nobody stopped that Seattle running game all year. It was just a shame the only thing I remember about that Super Bowl was bad officiating.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Flugel said:

That play where Pitt's DE/OLB jumped offsides which everyone on the planet saw but the Line Judge and Linesman only to see Seattle's Tackle busted for holding on that edge rusher was brutal.  It nullified a completed pass that would have set Seattle up with something like a 1st and goal at the 2 yard line for Shaun Alexander to run behind Hutchinson and Walter Jones (both in the NFL HOF today).  Now Seattle got pushed back and Hasselbeck threw an INT on the very next play.

Nobody stopped that Seattle running game all year. It was just a shame the only thing I remember about that Super Bowl was bad officiating.

that game....was the best example of the worst referring of fake pro wrestlin we used to laugh at back in hs days. The NFL should be ashamed.

meanwhile, it's interesting to read:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-training-camp-tracker-horn-mayfield-corral-darnold/?itm_source=parsely-api

"Baker Mayfield three touchdown passes in red zone drills. Perhaps a bit of separation from Sam Darnold, who scrambled for one.

— David Newton (@DNewtonespn) August 1, 2022

Panthers camp highlights
– Darnold working with 1s. Nice RZ rushing TD on designed QB keep. TD pass to Shi Smith.
– Baker w/ 2s but got 1st team reps during a team session. (It’s fluid).
– Darnold w/ two fumbles during RZ on RB exchanges.
– Baker 3 RZ TD passes, one to Higgins"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

meanwhile, it's interesting to read:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-training-camp-tracker-horn-mayfield-corral-darnold/?itm_source=parsely-api

"Baker Mayfield three touchdown passes in red zone drills. Perhaps a bit of separation from Sam Darnold, who scrambled for one.

— David Newton (@DNewtonespn) August 1, 2022

Panthers camp highlights
– Darnold working with 1s. Nice RZ rushing TD on designed QB keep. TD pass to Shi Smith.
– Baker w/ 2s but got 1st team reps during a team session. (It’s fluid).
– Darnold w/ two fumbles during RZ on RB exchanges.
– Baker 3 RZ TD passes, one to Higgins"

Like I care? He doesn't play for the Browns anymore.... Got any Jarvis Landry updates for us while you're at it?

FWIW, I have a Carolina Panthers baseball cap that I got (for free) many years ago on my trip to see the Browns play in Charlotte... I'll be happy to send it to you.   :D 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

Like I care? He doesn't play for the Browns anymore.... Got any Jarvis Landry updates for us while you're at it?

FWIW, I have a Carolina Panthers baseball cap that I got (for free) many years ago on my trip to see the Browns play in Charlotte... I'll be happy to send it to you.   :D 

I wouldn't expect you to care - I mean, it's 12:13 PM, and 12 hrs ago...

never mind.

I don't need a cap for just one game, but thanks. If you read the title of the thread, you will get enlightened. Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I wouldn't expect you to care - I mean, it's 12:13 PM, and 12 hrs ago...

never mind.

I don't need a cap for just one game, but thanks. If you read the title of the thread, you will get enlightened. Have a nice day.

OK Baker Fan Boi. :D:D:D .   I'll even throw in a Tim Couch jersey on top of the cap... Get my point? The Browns over the years have moved on from more players than it would take me the effort to look up the number. Ben Gay, where are you now?

Shades of Bill B. sending Bernie Kosar packing for "diminishing skills". IF last year is any indication, Berry and Stefanski have the same opinion about Mayfield.  Bernie never became a consistent starter after he left Cleveland,  we'll eventually find out if Baker will have the same fate. Teams have moved on from upper echelon HOF players like Joe Montana and Brett Favre when they were on the downside of their careers.

Don't get me wrong either. I wish Baker well, as long as he's not playing the Browns. But please, just stop with the Carolina training camp reports. Go cry in your Frostie already. 

40 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

In the other thread you admitted to hoping the Browns lose every game with Watson playing. 

Sounds like you should take up that offer for said cap.

Well, I did pick 3.3 lbs of wild blackberries this morning, and put another 10 lbs of potatoes in my dehydrator, and ran some errands, store, hardware store, etc. But it hasn't been decided if watson will play at all this year. Maybe some more accusations will come forth, who knows.

But don't fret, I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

45 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Don't get me wrong either. I wish Baker well, as long as he's not playing the Browns. But please, just stop with the Carolina training camp reports. Go cry in your Frostie already. 

you're rambling again. Right now, I'm drinking sun tea, iced, with dandelion tea, blackberry, mint, and green tea with turmeric in it.

I went and harvested some chickory roots to make coffee with it, like the civil war and pioneer folks used to do. Then I'll try it with dandelion roots added.

Really great stuff. and, btw, read the title of the thread. You should try that tea, too.....

BTW -

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/watch-baker-mayfield-robbie-anderson-connect-for-beautiful-td-bomb/ar-AA10dZHi

During the team’s 11-on-11 drills from Tuesday afternoon, Mayfield and Anderson teamed up for a bomb of a touchdown. The incredible dime, which may very well be the best play in Spartanburg thus far, appeared to drop in at anywhere from 50 to 60 yards downfield.

🚀🚀🚀@chosen1ra pic.twitter.com/vmIAtiNAFx

— Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) August 2, 2022

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

you're rambling again. Right now, I'm drinking sun tea, iced, with dandelion tea, blackberry, mint, and green tea with turmeric in it.

I went and harvested some chickory roots to make coffee with it, like the civil war and pioneer folks used to do. Then I'll try it with dandelion roots added.

Really great stuff. and, btw, read the title of the thread. You should try that tea, too.....

BTW -

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/watch-baker-mayfield-robbie-anderson-connect-for-beautiful-td-bomb/ar-AA10dZHi

During the team’s 11-on-11 drills from Tuesday afternoon, Mayfield and Anderson teamed up for a bomb of a touchdown. The incredible dime, which may very well be the best play in Spartanburg thus far, appeared to drop in at anywhere from 50 to 60 yards downfield.

🚀🚀🚀@chosen1ra pic.twitter.com/vmIAtiNAFx

— Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) August 2, 2022

Of course you're not listening. I'd suggest if you want to post Carolina Training camp reports THIS would be a good place to start... There's at least 4 more like it BTW...   https://www.catscratchreader.com/

Or are you just doing this trying to piss me off on purpose?  

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

BTW -

download.jpg.707665f21c57d2ba7f7873ec0f5b5175.jpg  Farmer Cal !

We just received our Family 6 pack of tickets for Week 1 at Carolina today...

I'm on a 4 game road winning streak since leaving the Tennessee Titans house..

E_H1w19UUAAClyQ.jpg.1ac1bef2cb615c98a6d9336c513786a6.jpg

These Cleveland Browns will not be losing 18 straight to any Kitty's with Gumby in the house !  book'ed it !

LFG Browns ! 🥳

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Orion said:

I say Myles gets a strip sack.

Baker or Darnold... behind Carolina's building OL ? As a local, they've been lucky at camp to both be wearing a red jersey..

Joe Woods will have something cooked up on passing downs.. just get to there & don't let C.McCaffrey loose.. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'm sure Zombo would approve of the title... 

Here ya go, I'll even start it off for you guys... :D :D :D  

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/how-baker-mayfield-did-in-carolina-panthers-practice-on-aug-2-2022.html

I'm sorry but without multiple responses to yourself with multiple Blaze-like websites attached, you just can't compete with cal.🤗😁

• Haha 1

Unless you're trying to emulate more of the man-child like traits that Z has, this thread, and it's title, are pointless Hoorta.    Just merge it with the Baker to Carolina thread, renamed the Baker's Dirty Dozen, and if I get some free time in season I'll be sure to hit some coaches tape to see if Mayfield and the Panthers have helped each other mutually elevate their game.

also, Baker has already seemed to be in the lead in the qb battle.

Mayfield has been very, very accurate in his career. Before the draft - he was on that show with Steve Mariucci, interviews, etc, and did the accuracy/arm strength test. Baker hit every target, perfectly , short and far, with ease, and Mariucci was really impressed.

Baker threw three TD's in practice, with wr's he has not known for very long? (except for Higgins) Does anybody want to predict Baker doesn't win the qb competition and start week one of the season?

Baker has done this his whole career, lol-interesting to watch him doing it again, after some people turned on him after he was injured.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/carolina-panthers-qb-battle-mayfield-darnold/

Baker Mayfield Has Early Lead In Panthers QB Competition

• Westside Steve changed the title to The "Official" Baker Mayfield Fan Club Thread
10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Weird to me how calling someone gay as an insult was huge when I was a kid. But then my generation grew out of it. 

Somewhere along the line though some older folks picked it up and ran with it. 

It's tradition Woody you know that. Everybody that roots for a quarterback that somebody else doesn't like is queer. I'm assuming we will merge every post that mentions Bernie Kosar or Brian's side or Jim Brown or Hue Jackson or Marty Schottenheimer or Art Modell or anybody else that's no longer on the active roster to this hypocritical cesspool.

By the way Woodrow maybe you have moved on but I don't think every member of your generation has.

🥰

WSS

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

It's tradition Woody you know that. Everybody that roots for a quarterback that somebody else doesn't like is queer. I'm assuming we will merge every post that mentions Bernie Kosar or Brian's side or Jim Brown or Hue Jackson or Marty Schottenheimer or Art Modell or anybody else that's no longer on the active roster to this hypocritical cesspool.

By the way Woodrow maybe you have moved on but I don't think every member of your generation has.

🥰

WSS

Considering I grew up in and around my generation, and I still hang out with them, I can tell you a very heavy majority have. 

Calling things gay, retarded, etc. Just doesn't happen

But yeah I know it's a tradition around here. Oh well. 

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Considering I grew up in and around my generation, and I still hang out with them, I can tell you a very heavy majority have. 

Maybe but that's a discussion for another board. I'm just saying f*** the baker haters. 😚

WSS

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Well your generation is comprised of malcontent snowflakes so... I'm not surprised...

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

also, Baker has already seemed to be in the lead in the qb battle.

Mayfield has been very, very accurate in his career. Before the draft - he was on that show with Steve Mariucci, interviews, etc, and did the accuracy/arm strength test. Baker hit every target, perfectly , short and far, with ease, and Mariucci was really impressed.

Baker threw three TD's in practice, with wr's he has not known for very long? (except for Higgins) Does anybody want to predict Baker doesn't win the qb competition and start week one of the season?

Baker has done this his whole career, lol-interesting to watch him doing it again, after some people turned on him after he was injured.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/carolina-panthers-qb-battle-mayfield-darnold/

Baker Mayfield Has Early Lead In Panthers QB Competition

Mark my words... The Browns will go down in flames for this... FUCK YOU JIMMY HASLAM!

• Upvote 1