THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker to Carolina

ATOM

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm tellin' ya JFF should be on the comeback trail. Maybe even a grown man now.😁

Fuck him too!

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If only we used slurs like real men in the good ole days, huh?

At least I'm not cowardice like yourself...

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Considering I grew up in and around my generation, and I still hang out with them, I can tell you a very heavy majority have. 

Calling things gay, retarded, etc. Just doesn't happen

But yeah I know it's a tradition around here. Oh well. 

You hang with people who think like you.  Many don't.  Believe me.  

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Well your generation is comprised of malcontent snowflakes so... I'm not surprised...

Isn't this the guy who can't go a week without announcing to the world that he put another person on ignore because he got his tender feelings hurt again?

I'm just kidding, of course.

Of course its him. 

• Haha 1

I was wondering if Mr Baker R  Mayfield really knows or cares if he has a fan club outside of Oklahoma and now Carolina,  North or South ?

i think he may have moved on long ago. 

37 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I don't know why the QB of an NFC team matters that much to us....except that he's playing us in week 1.  I mean, if someone wants to do a film study on him, hey, knock yourself out.  Me, I've already watched him play lots of games.  Good luck to him in Carolina.  Hung out at an Air BNB at Lake Wylie near the Carolinas border for a handful of days.  Was nice.  I'll be watching our QB's again this year.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Isn't this the guy who can't go a week without announcing to the world that he put another person on ignore because he got his tender feelings hurt again?

I'm just kidding, of course.

Of course its him. 

And I still live rent free in your head... I honestly do not understand your obsession with me... Are you Gay?

9 minutes ago, nickers said:

And I still live rent free in your head... I honestly do not understand your obsession with me... Are you Gay?

It must be that adorable Pride profile pic you've been rocking for a few months now!

Your shirt and guitar have that certain effeminate teal color that just drives me wild nickers!

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Weird to me how calling someone gay as an insult was huge when I was a kid. But then my generation grew out of it. 

Somewhere along the line though some older folks picked it up and ran with it. 

Woody, the thread title- which Steve changed, because he happens to be a Baker Fan Boi...   Goes back to the days of Brady Quinn where we did have the Quinn Homo Fan Club thread... I was hardly being original.  :)  

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It must be that adorable Pride profile pic you've been rocking for a few months now!

Your shirt and guitar have that certain effeminate teal color that just drives me wild nickers!

I bet you drive all the boi's wild when you talk like that.. Again... I live in your mind rent free... Don't you have better things to do than act like a juvenile  clown?.. Grow up for Pete's sake...

4 hours ago, Orion said:

I don't know why the QB of an NFC team matters that much to us....except that he's playing us in week 1.  I mean, if someone wants to do a film study on him, hey, knock yourself out.  Me, I've already watched him play lots of games.  Good luck to him in Carolina.  Hung out at an Air BNB at Lake Wylie near the Carolinas border for a handful of days.  Was nice.  I'll be watching our QB's again this year.

Maybe we can use Hoortas thread as a " Time to move on, let's stop making threads or comments about Baker" thread.

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I was wondering if Mr Baker R  Mayfield really knows or cares if he has a fan club outside of Oklahoma and now Carolina,  North or South ?

I'm sure he's moved on, but I bet in the back of his mind he digs the Watson hate.  And if this board reflects the overall attitude of Browns fans, my guess is that the ratio is probably 70-30 , 70 of course being those not giving a fuck about Baker.

Consequently, 30% makes for pretty serious "fan club" if that's what you want to call it.

Personally I think the Baker to Carolina thread was enough if anybody wants to comment on the guy. I liked him and I think Jimmy Haslam made a shit decision.  (I wonder if those of you guys who disagree with that should have your own personal thread? Maybe we would call it Haslam's Homos? How about Jimmy's Jerk Squad? Maybe Watson's Weenie Whackers?)

I hope Baker does well but every day he becomes less of a concern to me as do Bernie Kosar Brian Sipe Brady Quinn or Charlie Frye.

Still I think the anti Mayfield backlash is because the guy that started the post has the red ass about some of the guys that like Baker.

WSS

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nickers said:

I bet you drive all the boi's wild when you talk like that.. Again... I live in your mind rent free... Don't you have better things to do than act like a juvenile  clown?.. Grow up for Pete's sake...

I'm sure "living rent free" is something you are very familiar with. 😉

Name your better Browns starting QB than Baker Mayfield since our return in 99? 

I'm thankful & have nothing against Bake in ending 17 years of _____________>>>

I owe a man a drink when I find him living now in NC 🍺...  Easy local watch for me now

Happy Friday !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really had no problem with moving on from Mayfield, even though I thought it was a little premature. There must have been something to the rumors about him and Stefanski not seeing eye to eye. The problem I have with this mess is Deshaun Watson...well, more like Jimmy Haslam. I've always felt that Watson was overrated. I know about his stats in 2020, but his team only won 4 games. I have to think a lot of those numbers came in garbage time. For Haslam to sign this guy to that huge contract, knowing that this was coming, is about the dumbest move since Modell moved the team. I would be fine if it was Russell Wilson, or Garropolo, or anybody else. So...yes, I'm still a fan of Baker Mayfield...even though there were several time last season, that I was screaming for Stefanski to bench him. I can only hope that this backfires on Haslam, to the point where he decides to sell the team. He's the reason that the Browns continue to be the joke of all sports.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FY56 said:

Maybe we can use Hoortas thread as a " Time to move on, let's stop making threads or comments about Baker" thread.

A lot of fans are aggravated and understandably so... I get it... The damage is done... Time to move on.. It doesn't mean I have to be happy and like it either...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sure "living rent free" is something you are very familiar with. 😉

No I pay my rent on time every month. Sometimes days in advance... Never missed a months rent either... I may be poor... But I meet my responsibilities and obligations... Which is more than I can say for some...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

A lot of fans are aggravated and understandably so... I get it... The damage is done... Time to move on.. It doesn't mean I have to be happy and like it either...

Agree.

Actually my comment was meant to be a joke...the irony in having a Baker thread to discuss about why we need to stop talking about Baker.lol

• Upvote 1

I was fully behind Baker and came to his defense whenever possible. Look, he was the best QB we have had in decades but his progression stopped and hit his ceiling. A lot of his undoing I think was making that stupid tackle and screwing up his shoulder. Sometimes you have to know when to live to fight another day. But even before the injury I thought he wouldn't be the one to win the Browns a championship. I'm not sure Watson is the answer either, but there weren't many options out there.

57 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Agree.

Actually my comment was meant to be a joke...the irony in having a Baker thread to discuss about why we need to stop talking about Baker.lol

Nah- actually I started the thread to keep all the Baker love in one place...  Post away on how he's doing in Carolina...  

Interesting thought though if the NFLPA gets an injunction against the NFL, the Network that has the game are going to love the attention of a Watson vs. Baker matchup.  

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

First Baker runs from the police, now DW.... can't the Browns find a QB that isn't a thug? 

Man I miss Vinnie. 

I'm sorry, did you bring up the fact that Baker Mayfield ran from a police officer trying to arrest him? Next you'll bring up him getting blowies from random skanks in the parking lot of a Cheesecake Factory mere months after getting married, or how he came to camp after his rookie season looking like he ate a Cheesecake Factory.

How dare you, sir. Baker Reagan Mayfield is perhaps the greatest American who has ever lived, and a role model for the childrens of Northeast Ohio! 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sorry, did you bring up the fact that Baker Mayfield ran from a police officer trying to arrest him? Next you'll bring up him getting blowies from random skanks in the parking lot of a Cheesecake Factory mere months after getting married, or how he came to camp after his rookie season looking like he ate a Cheesecake Factory.

How dare you, sir. Baker Reagan Mayfield is perhaps the greatest American who has ever lived, and a role model for the childrens of Northeast Ohio! 

At least BRM was fast enough to get away from a cop....even if he couldn't outrun many NFL defensive players. 

And those great "one night stands"  might be fun growing up  -but-  maybe not a good idea if you're the very well paid starting quarterback for the Cleveland BROWNS.....oh and newly married QB to a babe,  it shows a lack of control and decision making ability.  And coming into camp year two looking like the Pillsbury dough boy,  bad idea .....just sayin'.  

Oh well I'm sure he's matured and can be a top 10ish NFL quarterback. -if-  he wants to  after all he should be a very wealthy mid to late 20s guy who can retire (soon) with his generous NFL pension and move on  without  getting battered up for about 17 Sundays in the fall each year.    [see generous NFL pensions  :o ]

GO BROWNS,  moving on. 

..... edit add.....If you're interested a summary of what a retired NFL player can get.  You and I could NEVER get a retirement like this but then again we are NOT NFL players.      

https://awmcap.com/blog/nfl-retirement-plan#:~:text=On%20average%2C%20retired%20NFL%20players,player%20contributed%20from%20his%20salary
Edited by mjp28