THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

Regarding the 66 massage therapist in 17 months.  

I don’t think it’s uncommon to live a huge city that is much more transient in nature than say a Cleveland where people take roots and don’t come and go as often.  A therapist can be here today and gone tomorrow.  Couple that with a football players demanding schedule short of time and a profession where chiropractic needs or massage needs are common.  You have a greater need and a tight schedule and these guys and gals may not be full time or guess what they have other clients and patients.  

So to say well no one has 66 massage therapist I think you need context 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I don’t think it’s uncommon to live a huge city that is much more transient in nature than say a Cleveland where people take roots and don’t come and go as often.  A therapist can be here today and gone tomorrow.  Couple that with a football players demanding schedule short of time and a profession where chiropractic needs or massage needs are common.  You have a greater need and a tight schedule and these guys and gals may not be full time or guess what they have other clients and patients.  

I actually can understand that from a purely medical need,  About 20 years ago I had a back pain problem spent 3 days in the hospital they could not help discharge instructions....pain management. 

I found a great chiropractor who had an in-house LMT (licensed masso therapist)  in the next 10 months over 2 years I had about 35 visits  -and-  they fixed my back up.  Problem solved. They were great and super professional. 

I knew a few NFL players that would see chiropractors and massage therapists weekly during the season and periodically in the off season to keep their bodies right.  Game wear and tear plus weight lifting,  etc. some players swear by them.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Now DW is a different situation he is just out for a massage (I guess)  and some sex afterward.   He makes tons of money so this is his perv outlet.....but now it's taken over his football life and become a front page story. He's screwed up the BROWNS world that's a fact.

Not at a medical  issue at all he's just a freaking idiot.

17 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Blue balls are a medical need.

Another astute observation by our diehard.  :blink:

13 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Maybe if the quality and effectiveness of the masseuse in question was actually the point instead of trolling for hookers.

WSS

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Maybe if the quality and effectiveness of the masseuse in question was actually the point instead of trolling for hookers.

WSS

Well they are being labeled as Masseuse or “victims” depending on the media outlet.  They are making money and it appears they are all consenting adults.  If the consenting adult aspect changes he should most definitely be charged.

But  It would be nice to question these “victims” to find out their credentials before we call them hookers. 

40 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Well they are being labeled as Masseuse or “victims” depending on the media outlet.  They are making money and it appears they are all consenting adults.  If the consenting adult aspect changes he should most definitely be charged.

But  It would be nice to question these “victims” to find out their credentials before we call them hookers. 

I actually didn't to call them hookers I said that Deshawn was trolling for hookers. He was looking for a massage therapist who was willing to suck his dick for the price of the massage probably substantially inflated. Whether they accepted the offer or not is what would make them hookers or not.

As for whether or not that type of behavior should be enough to derail someone's career? I don't really think so but the NFL relies on image like a lot of Industries based on entertainment or public relations. So if this creep lays a blanket of stick on the Cleveland Browns for years to come? 

WSS

Think back to every former Cleveland BROWNS quarterback and compare their behavior and pay package with this DW debacle.   Amazing huh.

It all comes back to what can they do about it now with each new complaint against  DW, 66 women now ?  I've lost count.

DW going to break celebrity Bill Cosby's record.   Sad.

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2022 at 5:41 PM, Orion said:

He only has to lead them enough so that they can run under it and catch it.  And then make good decisions with the football.  If he can do that, then nothing else will matter while they're between the white lines.

Until that time, stuff has to play out.

The Watson storyline is just gross, but lets stop with the "how can he lead men" narrative.

I never heard this once uttered when the previous starting QB was running from the police or cheating on his brand-new wife. 

I think NFL players are well aware that many of their contemporaries are shady individuals. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

You should apply to be part of DW's defense team.  :) He's chirping again "I didn't do anything wrong, and didn't force anyone to do anything." Too bad The Gipper is dead,  but I'm pretty sure he'd agree with me, consensual sex when the women gets paid is called- gasp! Prostitution.  

BTW, already factual that a bunch of these women weren't licensed massage therapists, and Watson flew at least one of them in from out of state. 

I said it before and I'll repeat it. It's extremely unusual for NFL teams having their players getting massages outside of the team facilities. For pro athletes, their body is their paycheck. I'd like to think in that circumstance, I'd only want at most a couple of highly qualified medical massage therapists that I trust working on me, not 66. 

On 5/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, gumby73 said:

I'm betting on that Berry does not want the NFL to be waiting until June or July to decide on Watson-gate..

1.) Browns mandatory camp is June 14-16th..

2.) Most wanted remaining FA's.. Decide on a team around the 1st of June during OTA's, just prior to showing up to a Mandatory Camp..

o26.gif      

Rumors say the Rams are chasing J. Clowney.. Clowney maybe waiting out, for a Watson-gate decision too ..  

Screenshot_20220616-141405_Twitter.jpg

Anybody here miss football  🏈  or other sports   or anything besides DW trying to figure out if Bill Cosby is really his Dada?   

Anything but this neverending stuff.....and he might still be the BROWNS starting quarterback.   :blink:.    Dada ?

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

And The media has already convicted him.  

And the masses as usual are just eating it up.  

After months of slanted coverage bashing Deshaun Watson, Florio/PFT reporting today on a "leak" of what his very compelling argument would be in appealing any suspension.
Seems they might be bracing for no suspension to be issued with this pre-emptive explanation of why. #Browns

FVYoDzOXwAAzi_n.jpg.a5158acb893849895af40348d98214ee.jpg

cutting to the chase...( Watson's best witness, maybe his phone text messages)  

Even with the allegations of the new 24th accuser and additional anonymous sources quoted in these reports,

the fact remains that only two or three of these accusers are even alleging any actual physical contact at all.

And even these don’t include any allegations of rape or violence. Even if one were to believe all of the allegations against Watson, the most you have is that he was a sex addict or sex pest who was aggressive about trying to pay “masseuses” for sex. 

long.. but ..parts are believable https://www.clevelandfrowns.com/2022/06/tony-buzbees-smear-campaign-against-deshaun-watson-is-becoming-increasingly-desperate-and-transparent/ 

prepare for a bumpy ride 🤠 up until training camp

edit---took MKC all of 36 minutes since post..   https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/06/nflpa-bracing-for-unprecedented-discipline-of-deshaun-watson-but-prepared-to-vigorously-fight-it-per-report.html

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

He makes a good point the other owners don’t like us and will probably not politic or advocate for us no matter the lack of evidence.  I kind of expected that - but I guess what goes around comes around.

I have a doctor. I have a dentist. I’ve gotten a dozen massages in the past five years.  I’ve had 12 different massage therapist. Some where great and some were bad.  I imagine some of the therapist are in another line of business or in another locale. If I was into massages a little more I may have three times the number on each account.   

And “No closure in sight” is that what a handful of NFL teams thought?  as if two grand juries heard nothing. 

I personally hope he never takes one snap for us... Hes a garbage human being who is selfish... And cares about nothing but his pee pee

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I personally hope he never takes one snap for us... Hes a garbage human being who is selfish... And cares about nothing but his pee pee

I agree, but the 800 lb gorilla in the room is his guaranteed contract and lost draft picks.

Haslam set this franchise back a few years with this bone headed move.

• Upvote 2

On 6/15/2022 at 2:51 PM, Dutch Oven said:

The Watson storyline is just gross, but lets stop with the "how can he lead men" narrative.

I never heard this once uttered when the previous starting QB was running from the police or cheating on his brand-new wife. 

I think NFL players are well aware that many of their contemporaries are shady individuals. 

I think that's exactly the case. They (the players) don't give a s***. The public the fans Etc are probably shocked and that's who the league has to worry about it because they're the ones that pay the bills.

WSS

• Thanks 1