THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield

Axe

34 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Of a team with no first rounder, but eight draft picks in Rounds 2-7?

Yes, yes we are. 

I believe he was poking fun at all of our 1st round busts which is like having no 1st round picks.

Don't make me type whoosh.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I believe he was poking fun at all of our 1st round busts which is like having no 1st round picks.

Don't make me type whoosh.

whoosh!

• Haha 1

https://nypost.com/2022/12/09/baker-mayfield-completely-shocked-by-raiders-decision-on-last-td/

"

The 27-year-old touched down in Los Angeles on Tuesday night, practiced with the team on Wednesday, and became an overnight hero for a struggling Rams team that lost six straight before his arrival.

Mayfield went 22 of 35 for 230 yards and a touchdown with zero interceptions in his Rams debut."

"Mayfield also received praise on the sidelines from Rams starter Matthew Stafford, who was placed on injured reserve on Saturday due to a spinal contusion. "

"

After the game, head coach Sean McVay praised Mayfield in a victory speech before tossing him the game ball.

“To be able to come in here 10 minutes ago and help lead us to a victory, see you guys on Monday — Baker Mayfield,” McVay said."

that's 62% of his passes. Nah, Mjp - you didn't "tell us so" lol

So, I came across this article - the inside story about Mayfield's big day with the Rams.

It's funny - I'm really admiring McVay for his sense of humor, and insight.

This is a fun read:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35215418/inside-baker-mayfield-first-48-hours-rams-stunning-debut-win

Inside Baker Mayfield's first 48 hours with the Rams and his stunning debut win

27 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Yes INDEED; but apparently we don't have enough Baker Mayfield threads yet.  

Well, we needed ONE positive, non-bashing Mayfield thread. No, we got one, you betcha. Great stuff !

On 12/9/2022 at 6:46 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Of a team with no first rounder, but eight draft picks in Rounds 2-7?

Yes, yes we are. 

Um...i was thinking of a team that couldnt do anything with multiple years worth of first round picks and is still deficient.

20 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

https://nypost.com/2022/12/09/baker-mayfield-completely-shocked-by-raiders-decision-on-last-td/

..... After the game, head coach Sean McVay praised Mayfield in a victory speech before tossing him the game ball.

“To be able to come in here 10 minutes ago and help lead us to a victory, see you guys on Monday — Baker Mayfield,” McVay said."

that's 62% of his passes. Nah, Mjp - you didn't "tell us so" lol

I think that's called one game,  we'll see as time goes on.  Didn't he do the same thing in Cleveland only to become very inconsistent and eventually end up in Carolina. 

And 62% completions about average for a professional NFL quarterback.  Better than in Carolina I believe. 

And that didn't go well, who knows maybe he will like it in LA LA Land, maybe not.  We'll see next game and next year.  Best of luck to him.    :D

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Orion said:

I guess Carolina were dopes for cutting him then.   :)

Their offense doesn't work - lol - hasn't worked well at all since they lost Cam Newton. They only passed for 120 yards, but their running game rampaged over the  lowly seahawks' defense today. So far, their passing game doesn't work for any qb they've tried. They did fire their bad hc, though.....

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Their offense doesn't work - lol - hasn't worked well at all since they lost Cam Newton. They only passed for 120 yards, but their running game rampaged over the  lowly seahawks' defense today. So far, their passing game doesn't work for any qb they've tried. They did fire their bad hc, though.....

Let's assess it in the real world. There is no guarantee that any of us will be here tomorrow. What we DO have, is today, the present.

In the present, Mayfield did well and has many ridiculing the Browns organization.

In the present, Watson is a $230 million discombobulated fucknuts.

If the world ends tomorrow, it ends after a Mayfield KO punch.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, syd said:

its funny that darnold won after cutting baker

He struggled most of the game. Fortunately, the seahawks defense is very, very bad. Go look at several scores - 30 some points, 40 points again and again. Funny that the Panthers lost all those games before Baker ever got there, so there's that.

• Haha 1

• Zombo changed the title to Mayfield
On 12/11/2022 at 9:11 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Let's assess it in the real world. There is no guarantee that any of us will be here tomorrow. What we DO have, is today, the present.

In the present, Mayfield did well and has many ridiculing the Browns organization.

In the present, Watson is a $230 million discombobulated fucknuts.

If the world ends tomorrow, it ends after a Mayfield KO punch.

Watson is a better quarterback than Mayfield. 

that’s all that matters. He proved that during the cincy game that he’s only going to get better. At this time next year, we will see how Watson looks comparative to Mayfield. And go from there.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

that’s all that matters. He proved that during the cincy game that he’s only going to get better. At this time next year, we will see how Watson looks comparative to Mayfield. And go from there.

Again, that is not the point. I certainly hope you are correct but your predictions have just as much chance being wrong as they do correct.

We hope for tomorrow, but we live in the day. As of this writing Mayfield looks to be better than Waston.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/9/2022 at 7:56 AM, FairHooker11 said:

gus ferrot be like stop it with the head butts Baker!

If he keeps doing that he might go the by way Joe Louis did... mush for brains...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

How in Hell did he prove he's only going to get better?? ....because he sucks in back to back games? WTF kind of logic are you using to get that conclusion? As Ghoolie stated....based on the last game each has played, Mayfield is clearly the better qb. I guess the real question is...would you rather have a sexual predator who had good stats 2 years ago, or an insecure head case, who, at the moment, is playing well?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, lodilobo said:

How in Hell did he prove he's only going to get better?? ....because he sucks in back to back games? WTF kind of logic are you using to get that conclusion? As Ghoolie stated....based on the last game each has played, Mayfield is clearly the better qb. I guess the real question is...would you rather have a sexual predator who had good stats 2 years ago, or an insecure head case, who, at the moment, is playing well?

This is an emotional topic, and in my asshole days (yesterday?) I would have made a mosh pit out of this.

However, Lodilobo is correct and he backs my feelings 100%.

We have no idea how either QB will play this week. Fans always hope that their QB will be the next Brady. However, both the QBs at hand lack Brady's dependability track record that we can assume their next game will be better.

If one was totally unbiased, and had no memory of the past, watching both QBs last week 100% of honest onlookers will say that Mayfield is the better QB.

Think of this. What if both QBs finish the season exactly as they performed last week?

If they did, the Rams might win out, but the Browns certainly would not be happy.

Watson has to improve, Mayfield only has to repeat what he did.

That is the unbiased view of this.

• Upvote 1